Question about Audio Players & Recorders
Steps to Repair:
3. After the device has been repaired, below message will be shown.
4. BEWARE ALL DATA WILL BE LOST from the Phillips Go Gear SA-31xx Media Player without any warning.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
SOURCE: can i save my mp3 player?
Make sure you back up all songs on the GoGear before attempting this solution.
1) Back up all files on the GoGear
2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
when the device is connected it may be visable in "my computer" as a device with removable storage, if so you just drag and drop files in to it.
if not the should be some software that came with the device to tell the pc how to use it.
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
reflash the firmware get the latest firmware from the philips website and then use the recovery utility to update the player this should help :)
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Your GoGear is freezing because there is an error in the operating system and can be fixed by resetting the device. Resetting the GoGear is similar to rebooting your computer. You will not lose any of the data uploaded to the device. To reset the GoGear, press the "Reset" button located on the left of the device. The screen will go blank for a few seconds and then turn back on.
If the GoGear freezes after uploading a file to the device or if one song or sound file freezes the device each time you play it, the file is likely corrupt and needs to be removed from the GoGear. Connect the GoGear to a computer and delete the file from the device.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | Philips MP3 Player
Jun 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 22, 2009 | Philips Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 08, 2009 | Philips GoGear SA5285/37 Digital Media...
Feb 26, 2009 | Philips Sport Personal CD/MP3 Player
Jan 27, 2009 | Philips GoGear SA178 MP3 Player
Jul 17, 2008 | Philips GoGear SA178 MP3 Player
Feb 21, 2008 | Philips SA5125/37 MP3 Player
385 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!