- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
to change txt message tone:
go to text message main screen then press the top left button.scroll down to settings and click. then scroll down and ull see "new message alert" and there u go.
to the same for picture messaging.
go to phone
click the top left button
scroll down to settings, then general
scroll down the incoming call. and clik on that and u will have options
Message Alert: Go to Menu (four dots button at bottom left of main screen), Settings (cog button), Profiles. Ensure profile other than Silent or Vibrate Only is selected. Hit Menu/List button (bottom left) then Edit. Scroll down (using screen or camera focus ring) and ensure Message Alert isn't set to No Sound and select a tone from Message Tone.
Invalid picture messages: this is likely to be a carrier settings problem - either ring their customer service to get them to send you the settings (and ensure your account has MMS enabled) or download the settings via their web page.
Battery life: Try charging battery for 24 hours straight. Also ensure bluetooth is off if you're not using it. Turn Screen Brightness down and ensure backlight is set to 20 secs max. This will help extend battery life.
Try the following instructions, to personalize your Nokia E50! Profiles Warning: In the offline profile you cannot make or receive any calls, or use other features that require network coverage. Calls still may be possible to the official emergency number programmed into your device. To make calls, you must first activate the phone function by changing profiles. If the device has been locked, enter the lock code.
Select Menu > Tools > Profiles. You can adjust and customize the ringing tones, alert tones, and other device tones for different events, environments, or caller groups. To customize a profile, scroll to the desired profile in the list, and select Options > Personalise. Define the following settings: • Ringing tone — Select a ringing tone from the list, or select Tone downloads to open a bookmark folder containing a list of bookmarks for downloading tones using the browser. To listen to the selected tone, select Play. If you have two alternate phone lines in use, you can specify a ringing tone for each line. • Say caller's name — Activate the text-to-speech ringing tone feature. When someone from your contacts list calls you, the device sounds a ringing tone that is a combination of the spoken name of the contact and the selected ringing tone. • Ringing type — Select how you want the ringing tone to alert. • Ringing volume — Select the volume level of the ringing tone. • Message alert tone — Select a tone for received text messages. Or you may still go to this website for more info! http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/nokia_E50
click contacts highlight "call" on the contact your customizing and then hit menu click save to contacts scroll down to custom ring tone scroll to the rin tone of choice. All other customizations done here also.
You can but the file needs to be labeled My Ringtones. If you have tones in the ringtone folder and its still not working check the size and format of the tones, windows mobile 6 was only designed to accept tones under 320k and in .mp3 or .wav formats.
Always think carefully about altering your phone's window registry for any reason. If you follow the instructions all should be fine. If you are a complete novice, I wouldn't recommend it, you could seriously mess up your phone. Use at your own discretion.
*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*
2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor
3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)
4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)
5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)
6. Double Click "All Sounds"
7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones
8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in
9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)
10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones
11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!
Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works
When Your Ring Tone Is Highlighted Click on it then click Menu And Select Set As Ringtone. That Will Now Be Your Defaullt Ringer.If You Want It To Be A Custom Ringtone i can't help you with that sorry.