Question about Audio Players & Recorders
I have this problem too. I disconnected all of the speakers. The receiver goes into protect mode after about 3 minutes. Also, I tried the reset routine (holding A and B speaker buttons while switching the device on) and it failed to reset. This is my second AVR-1508. I have double surge protection. All of my speakers are 8 ohm impedence and there is no short in the speaker wires (I checked with an amp meter.)
I have some problem in my Danon avr 1508.
1. When i switched on the amplifier, there is some breaking sound in the speaker without any input, But when i played any input, it gets start with 23-24 volumn. I only worked hardly for few seconds. and den it goes to stand by mode(shows red light). There is hum after it goes to standby.
Please figure out my problem and help me with solution.
Posted on Jun 24, 2012
I have the same problem . denon had changed knob and circuits ?! one day later ... same issue !
i have 5.1 evo tangent 4-8ohms and 2 technics 8ohmsand i use frquently A+B configuration
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Usually when the unit runs for a while before shutting down there are two possibilities:
1) There is a small amount of DC current present that effectively heats up the speaker coils enough to cause a temporary short circuit that kicks in the protect circuit.
2) The output transistors or bias transistors are sensitive to heat and breaking down again causing the protect circuit to kick in.
A few experiments to try:
1) Does the time to shutdown change depending upon the volume level?
2) Is there any background noise coming from the speakers? Listen to a blank tape for example. Is there a hum or any other noise that you would not normally expect?
3) If you have a DC voltmeter, check for any voltage between the speaker lines.
Update this and we'll try to narrow this down.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2017 | JVC Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 09, 2017 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 08, 2017 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 06, 2017 | Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 09, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 18, 2014 | Antec BXR-100 Gry Audio...
Feb 06, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 02, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 08, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 22, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
3,249 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!