Question about LG LRE30451ST Electric Kitchen Range
My front side heating element with ring wont light, just the ring will heat up but not the center area of the burner,
What could be the issue?
These type of elements are often known as dual elements. They usually have two separate coils. More than likely the center coil has failed. They cannot be repaired and, in the case with your range, cannot be replaced separately. You will need to replace the entire element. Searspartsdirect.com carries parts for your range. Just type in your model number and locate item numbers 5301 and 5302 under the "Cooktop" heading. I do not know which front element your are talking about, but there is a price difference. No, thay aren't interchangeable. They have different wattage ratings. You will need to determine which one it is that you're having problems with. Replacing a single element is not difficult. It can be accomplished easily by following these instructions:
1. Unplug the range before servicing. Even with the unit turned off, there are potentially dangerous voltages present on the wiring harness.
2. Open the oven door and locate the two screws that hold the cooktop in place under the front edge. CAUTION: Do not put any weight on the oven door. You can cause damage to the door springs. Once you remove the screws to the cooktop, close the oven door.
3. With the screws removed, the cooktop will lift up.
4. Use something to prop up the cooktop, or a second person to assist, and carefully remove the mounting bracket to the two front elements. They are assembled together on the same bracket piece.
5. Gently lay the entire assembly on top of the oven box, leaving the cooktop propped up. Disconnect the wires to the affected element and unscrew the mounting clips. NOTE: There are numbered mounting holes on the element, pay attention to which numbers the clips are screwed into.
6. Remove old element. Install mounting clips to new element and reconnect wires. Install new element in mounting bracket and carefully lift back into place on the cooktop and install. NOTE: Use caution when handling the elements, they are extremely fragile. DO NOT touch the ceramic material, or electric coils with your bare hands. Oil transfer form your hands can cause potential hot spots, leading to premature failure of the element.
7. Lower cooktop and secure back in place.
The repair procedures are pretty straight forward. If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | Maytag MDE308DAYW Electric Dryer
on Mar 20, 2010 | Dryers
Sep 25, 2010 | LG DLG5988 Gas Dryer
Aug 02, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Apr 13, 2010 | Amana DLE330RAW Electric Dryer
Apr 03, 2010 | KitchenAid Dryers
Jan 12, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jan 04, 2010 | 2004 Cadillac Escalade
Aug 28, 2009 | Frigidaire Dryers
Jan 06, 2009 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
500 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: