- These instructions come from the RCA website. The crucial step
is to keep pressing the reverse button.
- Turn on the component (the tv, dvd, etc).
- Hold the TV (or DVD) button and the on/off button at the
same time. It will stay lit.
- Press the play button every five seconds until the
component turns off.
- Each time the Play button is pressed, the illuminated ON-OFF
button blinks ten times and a block of 10 codes is sent to your
component. This process continues until all the codes in the Code
Lists have been searched. If the component has not turned off after
all codes have been searched, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks
four times, turns off, and the Auto Code Search Entry method is
- When the component turns off, press and release the
REVERSE button, then wait two seconds to see if the component turns
- If the component does not respond, continue to press the
REVERSE button EVERY TWO SECONDS UNTIL THE COMPONENT TURNS ON
again. This will isolate the correct code in the last block of
codes sent. Each time the REVERSE button is pressed, the
illuminated ON-OFF button blinks.
- If the REVERSE button is accidentally pressed after the
component responds, press and release the FORWARD button. Wait two
seconds to see if the component turns off again.
- To save the new code, press and release the STOP
- The illuminated ON-OFF button turns off. You must press the
STOP button to save the code.
- Turn on TV
- Hold in the TV button and the ON/OFF button until the ON/OFF
button stays lit
- Press the PLAY button every 5 seconds until the device turns
- Press the REVERSE button every 2 seconds until the device turns
- Press the STOP button to lock in the code...the remote should
- Important to press reverse button every 2 seconds, not just