Question about KitchenAid KEHC309JSS Electric Double Oven
Would appreciate help with replacing the halogen bulb in the KEHC309JSS08 microwave/oven combo. The bulb burned out 6 months after purchase but is not covered by warranty and requires a service call. I find it outrageous that these ovens are designed in such a disadvantageous (for the customer at least) manner. Appreciate if you could provide service manual and or instructions.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: microwave oven light - KEMC 307
you ll need to pull unit out to replace bulb, 2 scrws remove side trim of oven, 3 or 4 screws remove trim under micro; above oven, 2 more screws behind that grill will release micro from supportthat should free it up enoug to slide foward 6 or 8 inches( the bulb is ontop of the cavity) good luck!
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
SOURCE: Service Manual
when you took down the control panel and gained acess to the upper cavity , there wasnt a service manual just to the left inside a red plastic bag???, if not there is another fuse loacted just behind the micro front looks to be atop the capacitor area
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
SOURCE: Light is out in Microwave Oven
You have to pull the complete unit from wall, take top setion apart to get to lamp, do not attempt to change this lamp unless you have knowledge of electricity and what it can do to you if you FAIL TO TURN IT OFF FIRST.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Here is a simpler method from the same website mentioned in solution #1:
1) Turn off power to the unit
2) Open the lower oven door
3) Remove the side trim screws and pull the trims down and out.
4) Remove 2 screws on the sides of the control panel.
5) Open the Microwave door. Remove the 3 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the microwave. You can then remove the Air Vent Cover by pushing the control panel up and pull out slightly at the bottom.
6) Remove the 4 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the lower oven and remove the Air Vent Cover. (You may have to remove the left under side bracket of the Microwave door temporarily just for the Air Vent Cover to clear the screw of the bracket. Re-secure the side bracket of the Microwave door panel as the front panel may fall)
7) Remove the 2 screws which held the Microwave unit in place behind the Air Vent Cover on step 6.
8) Wiggle the Microwave unit out about half way to expose the light bulb unit on top center
9) Wiring to the Control Panel will prevent you from pulling the Microwave unit out any further. And you don't want to do that as the unit may fall. Space is cramped, but working carefully with pliers you should be able to release the springs which held down the light bulb unit and change the bulb.
By the way, the bulb is Osram 64405S. It's available online for about $2.00 plus shipping.
See more info. at: http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=51232
Posted on Feb 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2014 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Mar 16, 2014 | Dacor MCS130 Millennia Electric Single...
Feb 04, 2013 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Feb 20, 2011 | Ovens
Jan 04, 2011 | KitchenAid KEMC307 Electric Double Oven
Feb 17, 2009 | GE Profile Advantium SCB2001KSS Stainless...
Jan 19, 2009 | KitchenAid KEMC308 Electric Double Oven
Dec 31, 2008 | Ovens
Nov 21, 2008 | KitchenAid KEHC309JSS Electric Double Oven
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!