Question about NetGear WN121T (WN121T100NAS) Wireless Adapter
I have a range max wireless n router that is connected to a desktop (wired)
I'm tring to connect another desktop with the wn121t. I have downloaded the vista drivers and it all installed fine but it keeps searching but won't find a network.
I have spoke to netgear, they said to change the channle to 6, still hasn't made a difference.
The computers are far apart, thats why I brought the netgear stuff to solve the range issue.
No Wireless Connection Found in Range
Note: You need to use a computer hardwired to the router to check the wireless settings.
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. Click the Wireless Settings under Advanced tab.
5. Check the box under Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable Wireless SSID Broadcast.
6. Click the Wireless Settings under Setup.
7. Change Channel (recommended are 1, 6 and 11).
8. Change the SSID to uniquely identify your network. You might have a similar SSID with your neighbor.
Note: Do not change the SSID if there are already other wireless computers that can connect to the network.
Other factors that you may consider when you are not able to view any available wireless network:
a. Switch for the wireless adapter is turned off
b. Distance between the wireless router and computer
c. Possible wireless interferences
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander (WRE54G)
Sep 25, 2009 | NetGear WN121T (WN121T100NAS) Wireless...
Apr 15, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Feb 01, 2009 | NetGear WN121T (WN121T100NAS) Wireless...
Jul 11, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624S Wireless...
Jun 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: