To automatically descale your machine, press the scoop button and hold it down until you enter the menu. Use the arrows on the left to scroll down until you come to Descale. Press enter and the machine will enter the mode to descale your machine. The process takes about 45 minutes. You don't have to do a thing except mix a full water tank with descaling solution and have a container under the steam wand when your start. If you have a cappuccinonatori on your machine you will need two containers. To start the descaling process, simply turn the steam knob. When the process is over your machine will say "Descale finished". Remove your water tank and rinse it out. Refill it with fresh water. Replace on the machine and start the descaling process over again to rinse your machine. Go back into your menu and scroll up or down 1 to signal descale and enter. Choose "Yes"
and push enter
so the machine will tell you when you need to descale again.
To decalcify your boiler, remove your water tank and fill it with hot water (100 to 120 degrees). Open a pack of decalcifier and mix into the water tank. Place the tank back on the machine, then turn the machine on.
- If you have a non-rapid steam machine, just open the steam knob and run approximately eight ounces of solution into a spare container. Turn the machine off and let set about 10 to 15 minutes. It is very important that the machine does not remain on to heat the boiler anymore than necessary.
- If you have a rapid steam machine, turn on the machine and then push the hot water button. This turns off the rapid steam and allows you to run hot water/solution through the steam wand. Just open the steam valve and run approximately eight ounces of solution into a spare container. Turn the machine off and let set about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat step #2 for your type of machine. Do this until you have used the entire water tank of solution (approximately four to five cycles). Remove the water tank and rinse it with fresh water.
- Refill the water tank with fresh water and place it back on the machine.
- Repeat step #2 to rinse the machine, only this time use the entire water tank at one time, and there is not need to let it set.
- Your machine has been decalcified. You may still have scale in your boiler, but not as much as you had before. To reset your descale light, hold down on the steam button for at least five seconds. You are ready to brew, once your boiler has heated up.