You got parts to fix inside the monitor. Inverter problems. The internet is full of this problem. Some say that even if you replace the bad parts, mostly 2sc5707 transistors, you must find out why they are blowing. Many have replaced the parts only to find out that in a couple hours, the parts are bad again. Solutions range from solder joints, transformers, and other transistors.
Good luck, I'm fixing one as soon as the parts arrive.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here's some tricks I would try...
1. Verify the monitor's power cord is plugged firmly into the wall outlet and the back of the monitor.
2. Verify the monitor cable is firmly connected to the computer and the monitor.
3. Verify that you have turned the monitor power switch on.
4. If the power light on the monitor is not on, test the wall outlet (plug in a light or something you know works).
5. If the power light on the monitor is not on, try a different power cord.
6. If the power light is on and yellow or orange or flashing, but nothing displays, or the display is incorrect, borrow a monitor from a friend. If that works, your monitor probably needs replaced.
7. Also, you could try your display on a friend's computer. If it doesn't work, your monitor probably needs replaced. If it works properly on your friends computer, the problem may be with your computers video output port, motherboard video chip (or video card, if you have one), or drivers.
this is not a pc problem... this is because the connection loss between pc and monitor... not all pc's have sleep mode in externa vga connection.... it just cuts power off... u can configure monitor of possible to do that..
You need to power cycle your LCD moniter, and then disconnect the display cable of your LCD from your system and see if yor LCD is doing the self test, if that is passing the self test that means there is nothing wrong with your LCD you need to check your system espeacially display adaptor and the drivers, you can also cross check if you have any other monuiter at home.
If your LCD moniter does not pass the self test then it means it has crashed you need to get it repaired or get the new one.
This sounds like the power inverter is failed.. It's what pumps up the power for the light in the monitor.
You could try unplug the sound bar from the back of monitor if you have the sound bar installed. Just a maybe..
To fix the inverter (replace) is usually better to buy newmonitor unless you do it your self.
The defective LCD Backlight inverter will cause the following symptoms:
No Display, but Power Indicate light stay on green (Or Blue).
Screen flash on and off and the power indicate light stays on green (or Blue).
Check if the cable connected to your monitor and video card is fix and secure.. Check also if the video card is properly seated in the motherboard.... Try to check using other computer if the video card is working..
If the test is all ok.. then the last option will be to check the backlight inverter of your monitor....To do this, you need to bring the monitor to a credible technician to have it replace..
much appreciated if you could rate this help..thanks..
Its not power saver mode, when the display goes black and the power light starts flashing that is a good indication that the power supply is about to die. The Dell E172 monitors are noted for this problem. We have step by step repair guides posted on our web site at: www.ccl-la.com Click on the monitor repair link. The Dell E172 series actually has several sub models, check your specific model, the sticker on the back will have either E172FPb, E172FPc, E172FPf. We have guides for all 3 versions posted.
I hope this helps, if so please rate our solution.
IT IS TIME TO BUY A NEW MONITOR. I KNOW ALOT OF OF US CANNOT AFFORD A NEW MONITOR EVERY TIME ONE BRAKES, I HAVE FOUND THAT SECOND HAND STORES SALE THERE MINITORS FROM 1-2 DOLLARS PER INCH, I PICKED UP IBM FLAT SCREEN 20" AROUND 20.00 USD. AND IT STILL RUNNING AND I HAVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR OR MORE NOW.
E173FPf Mfg December 2004 This E173FPF has changed much inside from the November 2003 E172fpb which had the famous 4 identical transistors 5707 that would tend to fail in pairs. If your newer E173FPF displays a green power light and fails to display a picture try replacing the 220uf25v capacitors at C6 and C26. Test them with a volt ohm meter and they will test Ok, replace them anyway. Radio Shack did not have the 25v so I used the 35v, display works fine now. There is an E173FPF repair kit with directions available on Ebay if you don't have a parts store in your area and would prefer delivery.
i'm not an expert at anything...x'cept maybe dumpster diving. God Bless