- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your Volume and make sure you do not have it on mute. If you installed the drivers then the volume must be muted. Right Click on the megaphone at the bottom right near the time and open the volume controls. Make sure there is nothing muted.
You can also get to the sound and audio volume controls by clicking Start/Control Panel and look for Audio or Sound.
There are some possible reasons why the sound is not working. It could be the volume control is in "MUTE", or the right sound card is not selected in the volume properties, or the speaker is defective.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Try to connect an external 2-channeled PC speaker. The computer should recognize the speaker and the sound should be transferred to the PC speaker. If the sound works on the PC external speaker, then you know that the volume control is NOT in mute and the sound card is selected. It means also that the built-in speakers could be defective.
2. If the same problem occur after connecting an external PC speaker, check the volume control, and make sure that the "MUTE" box is not checked. Then adjust the master volume.
* If everything's properly configured, but there's still no sound, check the volume properties under the Control Panel. Be sure that the correct sound card driver is selected. If that did not help, try to re-install the sound card driver.
* And the last option, contact the manufacturer and have them fix it for you.
sound is on mute or drivers for sound card are not installed, or your volume is all the way down, here is a few things to check, look down into your bottom right corner of your desktop right click your speaker sound icon, open volume mixer, make sure everthing is not muted and turned up, also go to start-settings-control panel-sounds- and make sure your sound is on.
have you tried looking at the advanced options in the volume panel make sure nothings muted if you had sound and you dont now i would roll back the drivers or reinstall them if you can play a song and there is no sound somethings just wrong with the settings if the sound was broken windows would tell you there was no device to play back sound with. also when your in the sound options try all avalabl playback devices
Have you checked your volume control? Click on the megaphone in the lower right corner and makwe sure all sliders are at least 3/4 of the way up and nothing is muted. Also go to the control panel and click on Audio and Sound devices and check each area to make sure settings are good, nothing muted.
I hope this works for you. Let me know. Your rating is always appreciated.