Epson Stylus 440, solid light on for black ink, have replaced and still won't print
I had a paper jam and forceably pulled the paper back out from the tray side. It has not printed since. The solid red light came on the black ink indicator. I have replaced the cartridge two times with new cartridges from Printpal made in China (non-Epson) and the light remains on and solid (not blinking). I have followed the online directions for resetting the ink level counter with no success. Those directions seem to be for a blinking light. When the solid light first came on, the cartridge had only been in a couple of days. Is there anything else I can do before junking it. I have had good luck with this printer for 10 years. Thanks, Shirley
Re: Epson Stylus 440, solid light on for black ink, have...
This morning I was researching to purchase a new printer to replace the 10 year one. The last cartridges I had purchased were from Printpal and made in China. They looked the same, but I had to force the door closed on them. With the solid red light on and replacing the cartridge three times with new ones from this order, it was time to find an old used cartridge from another company that I intended to refill myself. I did, installed it and the solid red light disappeared. The old Epson Stylus 440 is still ticking! However, I had written off InkGrabber for unused cartridges going dry in 2 months and now Printpal is on my $%%# list for non-uniform replacement cartridges as well as not lasting long. I am back to refilling my own. I had followed the instructions for resetting the ink level indicator, but to no avail as those instructions are for a blinking light, not a solid light.
I appreciate your website, if for nothing else, to be able to vent. Thanks so much for your follow-up inquiry and I'm sure you'll hear from me again soon about my old Epson.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
EpsonPaper does not feed correctly when using the double-sided printing feature. If one of the ... The ink cartridges are not empty. ... If the error does not clear, open the printer cover and remove all of the paper inside, including any torn pieces. Then ... If yourpaper jams frequently, make sure of the following: ... Load a new stack.
EpsonThis link provides access to Top FAQs for the Epson Stylus COLOR 600. ... I just replaced an ink cartridge and the printer still won't print correctly. ... [ Answer ]; The printer is not producing any black or color ink. ... [ Answer ]; I'm only getting partial printouts or a "paper out" or "printer off line" error appears. ... How do I clear this?
I loaded a new black ink cartridge into my Epson Stylus C86. .... hit this problem when we first bought it, apparently it needs all colours to print ... i am using Epeon L 110 printer The colour print was good before But now the colour print is not clear ... No paper jams (sometimes paper feeds sometimes it doesn't). it appears that ...
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
If the Ink Out light flashes, the printer is getting low on ink; if it is on solid, the printer is completely out of ink and you need to replace the cartridge; if it is flashing rapidly, the printer detected a print head unit or ink cartridge installation error. If the Paper Out light is on solid, you need to install paper in the printer; if it is flashing, the printer detected a paper jam. When both the Ink Out and Paper Out lights are on solid, the printer thinks that there is a carriage error; if both lights are flashing, there is a fatal error and the printer will need to be sent in for service
My C60 Epson Stylus printer is not printing. First of all the paper jammed, I pull the paper from the front and since then the catridge holder is not going to the middle to print. also the green light keepon flashing and the red light stays on. I need your help.
In some cases, this is cause by a nozzle that got clogged during the jam. You can run head cleaning utility either from the printer or from the computer.
1. Make sure that there are no error lights (red lights), just a solid green light. 2. Take out all cartridges from the printer and put them back in. 3. Once the printer is done charging the inks and you have a solid green light again. Hold down the Ink Button for 3 seconds, after this you'll hear movements within the printer, this is the head cleaning process. 4. Once the printer stops making noises, and you have a solid green light again. Power Off the printer 5. Once the unit is OFF, hold down the paper button while turning the printer ON. Once you see the blinking green light release BOTH buttons. The printer will then print the nozzle check pattern.
* Note: The nozzle check pattern should display all colors in the printer and there should be no gap or break between the lines itself.
6. Do this step 3-4 consecutive times. and that should resolve you concern
I find this problem occurs when the Print Head dries out.
You can buy special cleaning fluid for this.
Just google search for "epson 440 print head clean"
You can clean the print head yourself with some warm water on a lint free cloth but this is quite messy.