Question about Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner, Red Berends Vacuum
I lost the screw that holds the front floor nozzle to the vacuum. It's all I need to replace. Is there a place that will sell me just this single screw, or can anyone give me the specs on the screw required that I can buy at my local hardware store?
Go to http://www.bissell.com/Product_Search.aspx?Criteria=9500+pro-heat
and click on parts & accessories.
Posted on Aug 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2014 | Electrolux Vacuums
May 29, 2011 | Bissell 7920 ProHeat Pro-Tech Upright...
Feb 25, 2011 | Electrolux Epic 3500 Vacuum
Sep 27, 2010 | Bissell 7920 ProHeat Pro-Tech Upright...
Aug 11, 2010 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Jun 15, 2010 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Jun 15, 2010 | Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright...
Please try the following suggestions to see if you can get your machine suctioning properly:
1) Remove the Tank-in-Tank Assembly and place your hand over the motor intake valve. This valve is located next to the Floor Nozzle gasket (at the top of the Floor Nozzle window) and behind the SmartMix Bottle. If you feel vacuum-like suction at this area, your suction power of the unit is working but air is escaping at some point. If there is no suction at the motor intake valve your machine will need to be inspected by an Authorized Service Center Technician.
2) It is possible the Floor Nozzle on your machine is inserted incorrectly. This would directly affect the suction of your machine. Please follow the directions below for removing and replacing the nozzle.
Before starting, please be sure the machine is unplugged and the machine handle is reclined.
To remove the Floor Nozzle window, first detach the Phillips head screws located at the base of the nozzle. Then, remove the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. Next, pull forward at the top of the Floor Nozzle window to release the tabs of this window from the receiving holes of the machine. This window is designed to allow access for cleaning.
When replacing the Floor Nozzle window, please be sure the tabs at the TOP of the nozzle are properly inserted into the receiving holes provided. If you do not have the tabs in place properly, the suction power of the machine could be affected.
Rotate the window down into place and replace the screws.
3) Ensure that the Ready Tools knob (diverter knob) is in the proper setting and the valve opens and closes freely. Ensure the black foam gasket is in place under the valve.
4) Check to ensure the Tank-in-Tank assembly is seated properly and that it is not full of dirty water. (If this tank has a drain cap, make sure it is in place and that it has a black o-ring).
5) Check the float and baffle to ensure they are properly installed on the Tank-in-Tank. The larger square portion of this part should be below the clear baffle of the tank with the red flag portion of the float resting on top of the baffle.
6) Check the Tank-in-Tank and lid for damage. Is the lint screen clogged? Make sure the lint screen is in place on the tank lid and not placed into the motor duct. Also, clear the holes on the lint screen.
7) Check to see if the upholstery hose has suction. If the hose has suction and the floor nozzle does not, check the diverter valve to see if it opens and closes freely. This can be seen through the Floor Nozzle window as you switch the diverter knob from the floor to tools setting.
May 19, 2010 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
I have found this so i think this answers my question.
How do I remove the clear floor nozzle window on my machine?
Before starting, please be sure the machine is not plugged in and the machine handle is reclined.
To remove the clear floor nozzle, first detach the phillips head screws located at the base of the clear floor nozzle. Then, remove the tank in tank assembly. Next, remove the rectangular gasket at the top of the nozzle, and pull the clear floor nozzle forward to remove the tabs from the notches. This clear floor nozzle is removable so you may be able to access this area and clean.
When putting the clear floor nozzle back in place, please be sure the tabs at the TOP of the nozzle are properly inserted into the notches provided. If you do not have the tabs in place properly, you may have a problem with the machine's suction.
Rotate the window down into place, replace the screws, and replace the rectangular gasket.
If you would like additional assistance, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET or email us by clicking on the Email BISSELL tab at the top of this page.
Reminder: When you have completed the deep cleaning process, it is recommended to return the SmartMix dial to "Water Only" prior to storing the machine. How well did this
Oct 10, 2007 | Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright...
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!