- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Red Ring of Death: Red Flashing XBOX 360 Lights Explained
Common Xbox 360 Red Ring Errors
The XBOX has a reported 54.2% failure rate which makes the XBOX 360 gaming consoles' worst "lemon" to date. If you find yourself with the red flashing lights error,
follow this guide to try and pinpoint the problem with your XBOX 360.
1 Red Ring = Serious Hardware Failure I f your XBOX 360 has a 1 red flashing light error, you're more than likely in big trouble. The 1 flashing red ring of light can be due to GPU or CPU failure, RAM overheating, a DVD drive error, or some serious problem with your Xbox 360's internal components. The most common 1 flashing red ring lights error is the E74 error. The E74 error is no easy fix for the Xbox 360 and usually has to be repaired by the manufacturer [though some have managed to repair it with the heat gun trick - but be careful]
2 Red Rings = Overheating Mostly all red flashing lights on the Xbox 360 rings are due to overheating in some way or other, but the 2 red rings singles out overheating as the main issue. When doing the X-Clamp fix the 2 red rings are required to fix the Xbox 360 by overheating the CPU. If you get this Xbox 360 error without doing the X-Clamp fix, you probably just need to let your Xbox 360 cool down for a few hours. Make sure that all vents aren't blocked off and that your Xbox fans are working properly in order to repair this problem.
3 Red Rings = Basic Hardware Failure The most common error on the Xbox 360 is the 3 red rings - also known as the Red Rings of Death (RRoD). This flashing lights problem is the main cause of Xbox 360's 54.2% failure rate. The 3 red flashing lights can be due to lots of different errors but is mainly due to the X-Clamps in your Xbox 360 and overheating. Fortunately, lots of people were able to fix this issue using the X-Clamp and heat gun fix. Follow this list of error codes to find out the real issue with the 3 red rings because there are quite a few of them.
If you have the 3 rings of Death (3 Flashing Red Lights) on your xbox 360 console, all you need to do is to contact Xbox Support and report this issue with them. The Console has a 3 year warranty for the 3 flashing red lights. Just make sure you did the following first:
1. Power Cycle your Console (Turn it off, unplug the power adapter from the wall outlet, wait for 30 seconds, turn it back on)**This is the best solution and it usually works!!
2. If still persist, Turn it off, remove any accessories connected to it (Hard Drive, Controllers, etc.) turn it back on without those accessories. **These accessories sometimes causes the problem.
3. If removing these accessories removed the 3 flashing lights, attach the accessories one at a time, every time turning it off and attaching one and turning it back on checking each time if the red lights (any lights) appeared. It will tell you what is causing the error.
4. If all else fails, again CONTACT XBOX TECH SUPPORT on their Toll free number. Make sure that you tell the tech that you have done those things above so they can create a report for the issue. They love the 3 flashing red lights issue. I should know, I am formerly one of them. :)
1. turn off your ps3 with switch at back 2.hold power button 3.(do this while holding pwr button) switch back on the ps3 4. if done correctly the ps3 should make a loud fan noise causing the fans to enhance for awhile, that should clean out anything that could overheat the ps3
Sometimes the red light will be flashing because there is a problem with the connection of the hard drive to the rest of the PS3 or the hard drive itself is broken. You can usually fix this problem by re-setting the drive. To do this, go to the side of your console and take out the hard drive. Then replace it in exactly the same position. If the red light is still flashing when you turn your PS3 on, you might have to get a new hard drive, or even a new PS3. Please post comments for more help or information..........
The system senses an over temp error, that's why the fan ramps up quickly. More than likely, you will need to have your motherboard reflowed by a service tech or Sony. That's about all you can do unless you know how to open the console and perform a reflow yourself. Hope this helps.
the other tech is correct but theres also other causes. if 4 red lights are flashing making a full ring your av plug at the back of the xbox is not plugged in. if it has 2 red flashing lights yor unit is overheating. 3 red flashing lights means your cpu is unstuck and is stuffed. 1 red flashing light is a HDD issue
I saw a 360 do the same red ring one time when the power cord wasn't completely plugged in to the back of the console. Check and make sure all of your connections are good and tight. I hope this helps.
3 red lights? in a kinda 3/4 circle? if so you have RROD (red ring of death) only thing to do if you still have warranty or something is to bring it back and they will send it back to microsoft, Its unfixable unless by a technician. Unlucky man its happened to most of us (me twice >_<)
The TV screen or monitor remains black when you start an Xbox 360 console.
This behavior may occur with or without a game disc in the disc tray. The console appears to be on because the green power light illuminates and the fan continues to operate. However, the screen remains black.