Question about KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The rectifier diode could indeed be bad. But first I would want to know what value (in uF) the old one was and what is the value of the new one? If they're too far off, the difference in the capacitive reactance could throw off the "tuning" of the circuit. The uF value of the capacitor is optimized in relation to the other components used in the system. Of course, you'd also want to be sure your new cap is at or slightly above the working voltage rating of the old one, too.
Posted on Jan 05, 2007
SOURCE: Microwave not working
It sounds like the magnetron is overheating and tripping its thermostat / thermal cutoff. The magnetron will likely need to be replaced along with the the thermostat.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
To get parts, see https://www.mcappliance.com/partorder.aspx
But they don't list the magnetron itself at their Web site, so you may have to look at the sticker on the mag and find a generic (like 2M234M1 for example) by searching by that part number at http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on Nov 18, 2007
SOURCE: NO POWER
Inside the microwave is a fuse. If you can, try plugging the microwave into a different outlet (use an extension cord). If it does not power on, you have likely blow the fuse. If you are technical, you may look into replacing the fuse yourself (you will have to remove some parts of the microwave exterior to get to the fuse). Otherwise, if no longer in warranty, you will need to have a shop or handyman replace fuse.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
you may have gotten a power surge and that can cause some funny things to happen, 1st is there power to the oven, 2nd if so there may be an internal fuse protector built in to the oven, check with the manual for anything of that sort listed. if not you may have to take it in and have it repaired by a pro. there is a lot of voltage in these ovens and unless you know what you are doing a person could get hurt
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens
on Mar 27, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Nov 09, 2012 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Jul 06, 2017 | Sharp R-7A85 Microwave Oven
Sep 11, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
May 17, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 14, 2010 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
May 30, 2009 | GE JES1358 Microwave Oven
Jan 09, 2009 | GE JVM1860 Microwave Oven
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: