Question about Craftsman 20 Hp 42" Deck Lawn Tractor
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Replace the float, sometimes they get saturated and look fine but are'nt. Also clean out the jets and bowl. The needle and seat may be worn as well. In other words, rebuild the carb. This time of season, after the equipment has been sitting all winter, I rebuild 25 or more carbs a week. It should cure your headaches, and solve your problem.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
the engine is getting to hot or the oil level is to low check to make sure the engine is getting the air that it needs while running they have air vents in hood as well as on sides of most of those tractors or i would mow for a while & put in a cool place to cool down if i can further help e-mail me wade at email@example.com
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
1) check plug for being carbon fouled or fuel fouled. Even though it fires, it may not be firing correctly
2) make sure you have compression 75-100 psi. since the compression release so you can pull the rope works off of the exhaust valve, you may not get anymore than that.
3) Is there water or debris in the float bowl
Fuel Starvation - Float Bowl Carburetor
1) remove air filter assembly
*be cautious of tearing the mounting gasket. If it does tear, you HAVE to replace it. It is part of the priming system
2) remove the float bowl fastener. This is the main jet
3) carefully remove the float bowl, the rubber o-ring/gasket will not be able to be used if it is removed, you WILL have to replace it
4) using a spray 'carb cleaner'
spray up thru the center of the carburetor
spray and clean the main jet with cleaner and 'tag' wire
(tag wire is very thin, and can be used to clean the hole in the center of the main jet)
5) clean any debris from inside the bowl or carb body
6) re-install bowl and center bolt, air filter assembly
*if you need gaskets, your local lawn & garden dealer can supply. The kit is cheaper than individual gaskets, and all the parts needed to finish the above repair are in the kit.
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2012 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
Aug 05, 2012 | Poulan 42-Inch Steel Deck 17.5 HP Briggs &...
Aug 23, 2010 | Poulan 42-Inch Steel Deck 17.5 HP Briggs &...
May 04, 2017 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Vanguard...
Aug 04, 2009 | Garden
Jun 06, 2009 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: