Question about KitchenAid KHMS2056SSS Microwave Oven

Open Question

Microwave dead fuse is good panel does not light up

Posted by on

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hi I have a Samsung SMH9187 micowave that is dead (no display, light, fan, mirowave).


Sounds like the main fuse blew. It's either near where the power cord enters the cabinet, or behind the control panel (if an over the range unit).

You may also have some type of failure in the high voltage circuit; based on your description of the symptoms.

Aug 16, 2014 | Samsung SMH9187ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Whirlpool microwave gh7208xrb-3 fuse is good but the unit has no powernothing lights up at all it like it is dead.


Control board might be dead. Cost is quite high could run up to $200 or more. Many times I recommend just to replace it. Here's the dumb question, is power present at receptacle?, if over range microwave, in cabinet above microwave? Check for gfci receptacle tripped. Sometimes fuses appear good, always be sure to test with a meter.

Oct 28, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

We have magic chef Over the Range Microwave Oven Model: MCO153U. Microwave was dead and no power


The original problem, was probably caused by a bad door switch along with the fuse, now there is a good chance the control panel is damaged, you will need a professional to assess if the item is worth fixing.

Apr 21, 2012 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Was working fine, punched in time to cook, hit start ...it ran for a second and then just went dead. No light, no display Microwave is 10 years old but never had a problem before


If the microwave control panel doesn't light up, then your fuse is blown. unplug the microwave. unscrew the vent grill, (2) screws at the top of the microwave. then you should see 1 screw holding the control panel. after removing that screw, gently push up then out. there should be a metal plate on top of the control panel. remove that plate and the fuse will be in that opening. remove the fuse and check for continuity across the fuse. Replace fuse and microwave should begin working.

Feb 11, 2011 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

MICROWAVE IS DEAD. IT CAME ON FOR 3 SECONDS AND THEN WENT DEAD. NO LIGHTS NO CLOCK NO NOTHING. IT IS BUILT IN OVER THE OVEN. IT WAS MANUFACTURED IN 1998.


sounds like you may have a blown fuse. . remove the 2 screws at the hop thats holding the ventillation grill. remove screw holding control panel. push control panel up slightly and lift out. . there should be another metal sheet covering the opening. remove and your fuse should be right behind that.

Feb 04, 2011 | GE JE1640WA/GA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave went dead


Hi

If your microwave oven doesn't seem to work at all, check these: Fuses Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.

Door switch If the fuse isn't the problem, check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work.


Please do rate the solution as FixYa and revert for further assistance.

Thanks
Rylee

Apr 26, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No display on microwave touchpad for ge Model JKP62G


The GE JKP62G Microwave / Oven combination has an internal fuse behind the control panel for the microwave. The oven will operate but the microwave will be totally dead (no light, no clock). Turn off the breaker for the oven at the fuse box (30 Amp double breaker). In order to replace the fuse you will have to open the door to the microwave, remove the two screws (Torx) from the front control panel (located on the left edge of the control panel), wiggle the panel to the left (there are two metal tabs that stick into the metal frame of the microwave on the right of the panel) and then tilt the panel down from the top. There is a metal bracket that holds the control panel to the microwave at the bottom (don't remove it). Look towards the top of the microwave inside the area behind the control panel and you will see a 15 Amp screw in fuse. Replace the fuse and that should fix your problem.

Apr 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Tappan Microwave Oven


A microwave can be dead for many reasons.

It may be the fuse, which is usually located behind the grille or on the floor of the oven behind the control panel or between the door switches.

If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO) / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.

If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open.

Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.

When checking TCOs or thermostats, if it has a hood fan thermostat, that should read open, as opposed to the others, which should read closed.

The TCOs you need to be concerned usually with have all black or white wires only. Please reply with photos if you have questions.

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.

If it goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.

If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.

You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.

If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.

If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here. You can order Panasonic parts here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Sep 07, 2008 | Panasonic NN-T888S Convection/Microwave...

1 Answer

Gallaxy microwave


A microwave can be dead for many reasons.

It may be the fuse, which is usually located on the floor of the oven behind the control panel or between the door switches.

If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO) / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.

If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open.

Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.

When checking thermostats, if it has a hood fan thermostat, that should read open, as opposed to the others, which should read closed.

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.

If it goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.

If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.

You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.

If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.

If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 17, 2008 | LG MV-1444Y Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KHMS2056SSS Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

38 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Stu Ungar

Level 2 Expert

52 Answers

Darial Jr Lasaria
Darial Jr Lasaria

Level 3 Expert

378 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...