Question about D-Link DIR-600 Router
Improve the Fixya.com experience for everyone by voting!
The solution I'm suggesting works in my business (LAN installations) about 95% of the time. I trust that it will work for you.
Let's see if I can help you.
Begin by turning on your computer and your router
? Open Internet Explorer;
? Click on 'Tools';
? Click on 'Internet Options';
? Click on 'Connections';
? Click on 'Setup'
? Click on 'I want to set up my Internet connections manually . . .';
? Click on 'Next';
? Click on 'I connect through a local area network (LAN);
? Clock on 'Next'
? Click on 'Next' [This is not an error];
? Click on 'No';
? Click on 'Next';
? Click on 'To connect to the Internet immediately . . .; and,
? Click on 'Finish'.
That should have you online
All the best
Posted on May 29, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2012 | Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband...
Sep 25, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 20, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 19, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 16, 2010 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jun 07, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 02, 2007 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: