Question about Toro& Electric String Trimmer
1.Twist the cap off counterclockwise. 2. Remove the cap and spool. Note: If the spring falls off, install it before installing the spool. 3. Thoroughly clean the cutting head and cap and inspect them for anydamaged or worn parts.
1.Twist the cap off counterclockwise.
2. Remove the cap and spool.
Note: If the spring falls off, install it before installing the spool.
3. Thoroughly clean the cutting head and cap and inspect them for anydamaged or worn parts.
Posted on May 29, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Usually you "Push in" as you turn them. Or...there is a knob with a male thread shaft screwed into place holding it all tight. Hold the spool steady as you try to turn the knob off. Or...there is simply a "nut" to take off. But for the most part the newer wacker spools usually just "push in and turn/twist" out. Simple. to reinstall it or replace it with a new one simply push and twist it the opposite removal direction. FYI most lines can be manually "rewound/refilled" by yourself and reused over and over until they really wear out. There are little tricks to doing a rewinding but it isn't anywhere near difficult to do...or learn. Usually the price of a replacement spool is 5 times the cost of rewinding them yourself. Comon its easy! If ya want I'll help ya thru it.
Posted on May 10, 2010
look for a notch in trimmer head above spool close to shaft and corrosponding notch in shaft.
these notches are for holding shaft in place with a screwdriver so you can losen the tap cap screw...
speakin of screwdrivers anyone see where my vodka went?? lol
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
SOURCE: The string on my spool ran out.
• Turn off the trimmer and remove the battery
• Press the release tabs on the line spool cover and remove the cover by pulling it straight off. replacement spool is AF-100
• Lift the spool of nylon line out of the hub and clear any broken line and debris
• In case of jams and tangled line unwrap about one foot (30cm) of line to ensure that it is undamaged. If it is OK rewind it and insert the line end through the eyelet in the spool hub.
• Pull the line through the hole to maintain tension while placing the
spool down into the hub with the notched side exposed.
• Press the spool down GENTLY and rotate it until you feel it drop into place. (When in place, the spool will turn a few degrees left and right freely.)
• Snap the spool cover back on.
Posted on Jul 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2013 | Poulan Pro " Pro" Self Propelled Mower
Mar 21, 2013 | Troy-Bilt 25 CC Gas String Trimmer TB22EC
Jul 06, 2010 | Homelite Mighty Lite Lawn Trimmer
Jul 06, 2010 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
May 28, 2010 | Worx GT WG150 10 in. 18 Volt Cordless...
Nov 29, 2009 | Ryobi Garden
Sep 21, 2009 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
Sep 06, 2009 | Troy-Bilt 4-Cycle Curve Shaft Gas String...
Jul 07, 2009 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
Jun 29, 2009 | Homelite Mighty Lite Lawn Trimmer
419 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: