Question about Sagem Puma Cell Phone
Improve the Fixya.com experience for everyone by voting!
Let me give you a little background and then some solutions. This is generic because I don't know your carrier. I'm using ATT as an example.
Phones are naturally unlocked, but a service provider might lock them
When originally manufactured, all GSM cell phones are unlocked. That is, they can be used with any SIM from any cellphone service provider - always assuming, of course, that the cellphone service provider has compatible GSM service on the same frequency bands that the phone can operate on.
Most cell phone service providers electronically 'lock' the phone so that it can only be used with their service. There are obvious reasons why they choose to do this - in particular, to force you to pay what are usually very high roaming charges when you take your phone out of their network and use it elsewhere in the world.
Fortunately, this locking is reversible. With some phones, it is possible to simply enter an unlocking password code into the phone and it is immediately then unlocked. Other phones need to be connected up to a special unlocking data terminal.
Your phone has to be unlocked by the carrier. LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Nokia and most of their ilk, will not give consumers the unlock codes but don't despair.
A PUK (PIN Unlock Key) code is required to unlock SIM cards that have become locked following three successive incorrect PIN entries. If your SIM card becomes locked, you will need to get a PUK code from your carrier. For example, if you have AT&T to unlock your SIM card, you can obtain your phone's PUK code from AT&T by:
● logging in to your my wireless Account online
● using their Technical Support Chat
● calling Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500
To get your phone's PUK code online from ATT:
● Log in to your my wireless Account.
● Select My Services under My Account.
● From the My Services screen, select My Phone/Device.
● Select Unblock SIM Card.
● The Unblock SIM screen will display your PUK code.
Once you receive your PUK code, you will need to enter it into your phone to set a new PIN code.
Note: If you enter the wrong ATT PUK code 10 times in a row, your SIM card will be invalidated, and you will need to purchase a new SIM Card. The phone will display the following error: "PUK blocked call operator."
There are three other ways to unlock a phone:
● The carrier will unlock the phone for you at one of its retail outlets;
● You can do it yourself by clicking on this link Free Unlock Codes ,
● Pay $3.89 at the following website: www.theunlockshack.com/. I have absolutely no affiliation or relationship with The Unlock Shack or its principals.
I trust that this is helpful and solves your problem. All the best
Posted on May 29, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2016 | ZTE Cell Phones
on Aug 27, 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Cell Phones
Jan 10, 2015 | Samsung Cell Phones
1) Turn off your phoneIf our Nokia N8 have problem such as hang or not responding or slow or stuck or have problem or frozen, then what we can do is try to restart the phone first to erase all temporary file and clean the cache. If the Nokia N8 problem still there then the last thing we can try is to do Master Reset to Factory Default Nokia N8 with safety way.
2) Hold "Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu Key" and press power button until your phone vibrates.
3) Wait until screen show properly... and welcome back!!
or try this one
How to Master Reset Nokia N8 do the Factory Default Setting?
May 07, 2014 | Nokia N8 Cell Phone
Dec 08, 2013 | Samsung Cell Phones
Aug 23, 2011 | Kyocera Cell Phones
Jun 25, 2011 | Cell Phones
May 24, 2011 | LG Rumor Touch
Nov 14, 2010 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Cell Phone
559 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!