An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: could be a serious problem.
Next time you get it running, right click on my computer>explore, click on 'C' drive, right click>properties>tools tab, then click error checking, if the option to choose repair found faults, choose it, then the system will run a drive check.
It may take a few hours as it sounds as though you have a bad sector on your drive, back up all docs immediately after the system as run a check and hopefully is up and running again
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
PXE-E61 Error message showing due to Media cable failure. You have to fix this media cable failure one must return to the BIOS screen at start up. Depending on the model of the laptop, press f1, f2, or delete to enter the BIOS screen (the computer will tell you what keys to press). At the bottom of the BIOS screen, there will be a menu. One of the options should be "setup defaults." By pressing the corresponding key, it will return all of your settings back to how they where originally. Hopefully it will help you
Hi, Prepare to Diagnose the Computer Perform the following actions to prepare the computer for troubleshooting a startup problem.
1. Remove the battery and AC adapter from the notebook. 2.Remove any optical disks (CD or DVD), and disconnect any external devices or peripherals such as USB devices, printers, docking stations etc. 3.Plug the AC adapter directly into a functioning wall socket. 4.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
NOTE:After the battery, optical media and peripherals are removed, the Notebook PC may startup normally. If this occurs see Windows starts after the battery, optical media and peripherals are removed .
Symptoms and Resolutions When the notebook stops responding or displays an error message, let me know what symptom that most closely resembles what is seen on the Notebook PC screen.
* Screen is blank with no cursor or text *An error message is displayed on a black background *An error message is displayed on a blue background *PC stops responding on a red Compaq or blue HP logo screen *PC Stops responding on the Windows logo screen * The Microsoft Windows 'Advanced Options Menu' is displayed * PC stops responding with a blinking cursor is displayed in the upper left corner of a black screen. *Password is requested but password is forgotten or lost. *Microsoft Windows starts, but a 'serious error' message is displayed that prompts you to send an error report to Microsoft for evaluation. * Microsoft Windows starts , but the PC stops responding or restarts automatically *Display is very dim during and after startup *Microsoft Windows starts, but runs abnormally slow