An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: I actually have a model 1502SHLPE. Both burners
Its the pressure regulator. It's just gone bad. They are not expensive. Your local lowes or home depo should have one. Measure the length of the hose from the pressure regulator to the grill manafold.. Thats the only difference you'll find at the store. Make sure when you install the new one that you use some pipe tape rated for gas and check for leaks with soapy water.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is normal because there is a small amount of propane that gets away from the burner and you can smell it after it ignites. If you are concerned about leaks, get a spray bottle and put dish soap in it with water and then spray all the connections and look for bubbles.
Yes. The most important thing to do is to get the right size orifice so that the correct amount of gas is allowed to enter the burners.
This is a small brass unit that has a hole in the middle. There is one size for propane and one size for natural gas.
The new style OPD valves have a small brass ring located in the female
fitting on the LP tank. Over time this ring can work loose and then it
does not allow the male fitting to fully depress the OPD valve thus
reducing your gas flow
Using a small flat bladed screw driver tighten the small brass ring This
should solve your problem
Carbon monoxide poisoning !! do not use !! Get it checked for clogged intake air, as well as have burner checked and cleaned. Obviously running too rich, and intake air supply is getting cut off somehow.
The gas regulator valve would also be my first guess. It seems to not be allowing enough gas into the system. When the top is on, only a small amount of fuel is required, and when properly mixed with the air all is well, but when you also put on the oven, the regulator won't allow enough gas into the system, so it's "burning lean". I'd get it fixed before it pulsates so bad that it actually blows out the flames and you're left with a propane smelling dangerous house.
I had same problem and believe it or not it was caused by a Blue Rhino Propane tank. It was a new exchange tank and because of their "safety" features it would not release a sufficient amount of propane to heat with. Switched tanks and all burners fired up. Have found others on the web with same problem and solution.
If you have Propane than any range will have to be properly converted to propane they are made for natural gas. Other than that gas ovens do emit quite a large amount of CO and new homes are built very air tight and any good CO detector may sense this. If you have a vent hood or hood/mwave combo and its vent is actually ran to the exterior it should aid in venting that CO. This is why the new dual fuel (gas cooktop, elec oven) are so popular. Hope this helps...