Question about HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet Printer

1 Answer

Overload We had a near lightening strike across the street today. Computers work ok but monitors need degaussing. My 6110 printer will not come back on. When I plug the power supply into the back of the unit the little green power lite on the end of the power cord goes out. I f I unplug the unit from the wall for just a minute and then replug it the green lite comes back on untill I plug it into the printer. I have power at the tip aslong as the green lite is on, none when it is off. Do you think my printer picked up a short from the lightening. Do you think its worth fixing. It's been a good one. Vester H

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 37 Answers

Hi

Your printer was pawered ON during the Lightening if yes then follow the steps, Try with the different power card if it having the same problem then most probably your printer fuse blown open the printer and check the fuse if the fuse are OK then please check with the service centres

Boopathy.T

Posted on Aug 17, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Kids ran magnet across screen


Magnets do not affect LCD screens.
If your screen is a CRT monitor then a magnet will cause this problem.
Try turning off the monitor and back on several times and the degaussing coils on the monitor may fix this problem. If the screen is still discolored then take your monitor to a TV repairer and they can degauss your monitor with a more powerful degaussing tool.

Apr 05, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook

1 Answer

Monitor colour is ok in the middle circle and on right side it seems to loose the red colour and on the left it seems the green colour is missing.


The CRT has likely become magnetized. On the monitor's main menu there is a "degauss" option. It is the option depicting a horseshoe magnet. Select that option to degauss the CRT, and the color distortion should clear up. If it improves but does not clear up entirely, degauss the CRT again. Is the monitor situated near a magnet (such as a speaker, a subwoofer, or some other source of magnetic field)? If so, either move the monitor away from the magnetic field source or move the magnetic field source away from the monitor, then degauss the CRT by selecting that option from the main menu on the monitor. Was the monitor dropped? If so, a series of electromagnets at the back of the CRT (called the "blue lateral") may have come loose. This is somewhat challenging to align and is best handled by a technician.

Jul 02, 2011 | Daewoo 719BF 17 in.CRT Conventional...

1 Answer

Dell XPS M1210 laptop was set next to a speaker and now the bottom half of the screen is grey


It's due to the magnetic field interferences from the speaker. At the first place, you shouldn't keep it near the speakers.


Always keep speakers far away from the Monitor.Now turn off the monitor and turn it on again,hope it solve the problem. You may even need to restart the system.

Moving magnetic fields (such as from an electric motor) can cause flickering when near a CRT screen. A static magnetic field, such as from your computer's speakers, can cause color shifts or incorrect colors in the area near the magnet. This color shift is caused by parts of the screen becoming magnetized. Occasionally the color shift will remain after you remove the source of magnetism. To help reduce or eliminate the color shift, you can use the degaussing option on most monitors. Most newer monitors automatically degauss when you turn them on, while older monitors might require you do to it manually. Most monitors have a button or menu option that enables you to degauss it manually. Degaussing a monitor will de-magnetize the inside of the monitor, removing the color shift. Unfortunately, if the monitor is exposed to the source of magnetism for too long, degaussing will not be able to clear it up, requiring you to repair or replace the monitor.

Feb 08, 2010 | Dell InspironTM XPS M1210 Notebook

1 Answer

We had a near lightning strike and now my tv (sanyo model ht27744)doesn't want to come on.


Lightening may have caused a surge on your power lines to the house and to the outlet the TV was on.
Do other things work on that outlet? If not you tripped a power breaker.If they do work check this.
Unplug the TV for 2 min or more and plug back in.
Try bypassing your surge protector you had it plugged into. It could have died when the lightening struck.
(no surge protector?) Bet you'll buy one for your next TV.
Look for 3000 joules and up rating for a surge protector and insure it has protection for a cable/antenna input too.
If this doesn't work the TV may be fried or internal fuse blown.
Time to take it to a repair shop or depending on it's age (5 years+) it may be time to buy a new TV and surge protector.
Near Lightening strikes can effect appliances from several inputs that could be affected from outside like Power, Cable, Antennas, Phone Lines that come into your house.

Jul 06, 2009 | Sanyo Televison & Video

1 Answer

When I turn on my computer nothing happens but the light flashes?


A lightening strike!!!!!! The power surge from a strike could have blown the computer's motherboard and processor. Did you have any surge protection and was the computer on at the time? chances are the computers fried.
There is one last thing you can do, that is remove the side panel from the desktop so you can see the motherboard, you will see a battery like this >>ecb2000.jpg. Near to the battery you will see a plastic "jumper" this will reset the cmos if you move it to the other position, turn the pc on, if nothing happens the cmos has been cleared, put the jumper back in its original position and start the computer again, if you still get nothing them some if not all the components inside the computer has been fried.

Good luck

Feb 13, 2009 | HP Pavilion 514n PC Desktop

1 Answer

HP All-In-One 6110 Prints Only Intermittently


Replace the ink cartridges with GENUINE HP carts.

Jan 27, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...

2 Answers

Samsum samtron crt 56 v monitor ,got a green shade on picture,but looks good at times


That has been damaged by some magnetic device.

Solution: You need to degauze it. (Refer to manual for specific degauze instructions)

Jan 03, 2009 | SAMTRON 55V 15" CRT Monitor

1 Answer

Monitor color problem


please go to monitor menu and found degauss setting and select degauss this will get the flicker effect on monitor and all color guns get reset and your monitor will be ok again. and please note that this kind of problem occurs due to magnet so please do not bring any magnetic material or thing near the monitor. and use only computer speaker and avoid to use any speaker from tv or tape.

Dec 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

My colors are like a raibow!(2)


Once a picture tube gets magnetized it may display the same rainbow effect on another PC. Do you have anything close to it that could be causing a magnetic field, like large speakers? If so move them farther away. A rainbow effect is definately a degaussing and/or a magnetic field interferrence problem. If the degauss circuit is functioning properly leaving it turned off for a few hours (so it cools to room temp internally) and then turning it on should make it degauss. It is possible that the degauss is not powerful enough to rid the tube of severe magnetism, in which case you need to use a manual (handheld) degausser.

Mar 09, 2008 | Pine Technology XFX® GeForce® 7950 GT,...

Not finding what you are looking for?
HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet Printer Logo

116 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

Vinaya Kumar...
Vinaya Kumar...

Level 3 Expert

1121 Answers

Seeker5211
Seeker5211

Level 3 Expert

1088 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

98868 Answers

Are you a HP Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...