Question about ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
It sounds like your RAM may have become dislodged. Try the following:
1) Make sure you ground yourself first. Touch something metal that is bound to the floor, a faucet, or a grounded outlet while you work on this. I like to do this on top of my washer.
2) EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Remove the battery and unplug the machine! Hit the power button on the machine with the battery and power plug removed to drain any remaining power.
3) Locate, unscrew, and remove the memory compartment door on the bottom of the machine where the RAM is located (the item circled in blue)
4) Remove the RAM and replace it. There should be two clips on the side of the RAM, if you push them out, it should pop out and you should be able to remove it with ease. Be very careful, they should come out fairly easily.
5) When replacing the RAM, make sure you put it back in the same direction that it was in to begin with. You should never have to force it in. Again, it should just snap in with ease.
6) Replace the memory compartment door.
7) Replace your battery, plug your machine back in, and power it on.
It should boot normally now. If not, you may have another type of hardware failure (could be the RAM is bad, it could be your hard drive is failing).
Posted on May 29, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2011 | ASUS P4P800SE Motherboard
Jan 23, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HAPU17BU Netbook
Jan 05, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
Jan 03, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1005PE (SeaShell) Netbook
Dec 02, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC (Seashell) 1005HAMU17WT Atom...
Aug 11, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 1005PE (SeaShell) Netbook
Jul 09, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC (Seashell) 1005HAMU17WT Atom...
Jun 04, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: