The screen on my brother's TV started to darken for unexplained reasons. I removed the board on the back of the tube, but that was a temporary solution. It got to the point where it stayed dark. I dobut that the tube's worn, because one time, it went up for a second and died right back down. Also, when it gets dark, I can see about 40 faint white lines running across the screen. I have a hunch that it might be the horizontal driver, but it's just a hunch. I looked for leaky capacitors and loose soldering points, but I didn't find any. Can anybody help me?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Mitsubishi CK-3526R (PIP model)
1. CHECK C218 4.7 UFD 50 V, AND C220 47 UFD 35V ON THE SIGNAL PCB. 2. CAN BE OBSERVED AS DISTORTION ON DC PEDESTAL PORTION OF STAIR STEP PATTERN. SUSPECT C222 OPEN. LOCATED ON PCB-SIGNAL AT IC200 PIN 35. (10UF 35V) 3. SHOWS UP ON COLOR SIGNALS ONLY. OK ON B/W PICTURES. CHECK X600 AT IC200 PIN 13. SHOULD BE 3.58MHZ. LOCATED ON PCB-SIGNAL. PT# 285P02905 4. (COLOR LINES) CHECK C601 47 UFD @ 35V ON THE COLOR CONTROL OFF PIN 36 OF IC200 ON THE SIGNAL PCB. 5. SUSPECT C222 OPEN. LOCATED ON PCB-SIGNAL AT IC200 PIN 35. (10UF 35V) .
REMOVING CRT SOCKET, YOU MAY HAVE CORROSION ON THE PINS OR POOR CONNECTION ON CRT BOARD, AND BY REMOVING IT COULD HAVE CLEANED THE PINS A LITTLE. TRY CLEANING PINS ON CRT AND SOCKET.
GOOD LUCK, big IRISH.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I want you to know I have been where you are on this same TV and what I found is there are three ICs all in close proximity on the SIGNAL BOARD that I recommend strong you try REPLACING all caps on the ICs as follows:
IC2P02--12 volts input and 9 volts output change C1P01 on input 47 mfd/35 volts change C2P03 on output 100mfd/16 volts
IC2P01--11.9 volts on input and 9 volts output change C2P04 on input 47 mfd/50 volts change C2P05 on output 100 mfd/16 volts
IC2P03--4 volts on input pin 5 and 3.2 volts on output 1 and 3.7 volts input on pin 2 and output pin 4 is 3.2 volts. change C2P07 47 mfd/35 volts change C2P09 100 mfd/16 volts
I know this is a bit technical but it is what is wrong with your set. Caps have polarity (positive and negative connections) They all must be unsoldered and new ones soldered back
The Signal Board usually has the tuner on it where the coax connects. The board needs to be removed by unplugging it to change the caps.
i have the solution. common problem. it has a pip module with defective (leaky) capacitors. they are surface mount capcitors. mcm has a mitsubishi pip module repair kit order number 32-11755 $14.95. 1800 543-4330 customer service 1877626-3532. www. mcminone.com
the vertical drive ic that drives the yoke for vertical sweep has blown.
sometimes it is solder problems like sharp and toshiba had.
the part is 10$ the pc board will label it ,the yoke is the coil setup on the picture tube.if you follow the wiring half goes to the horizontal drive,and the others to the vertical section.the chip drives the coil directly.there are VERY high voltages in there ,even turned off. the pix tube cap on top is 30000v. like a stun gun.the horizontal drive 2000 volts and the main power supply 165 volts dc high current.you need a special setup to discharge the picture tube.
the problem you have is the video goes thru the pip board first and the pip board has a problem this is a known problem. the pip board has some capacitors that leak on the board. the model you mention is CS-27MX1 not XM1 but anyway the back casing was made for several sets of that size. so the pip is the problem and the bulletin is as follows;
1. NO MAIN VIDEO,THERE IS VIDEO IN PIP ON EXT1 AND EXT2:-CHECK FOR 1VPP OF LUMINANCE ON PIN 1 OF IC7000, IF MISSING OR LOW CHECK THE VALUE OF C7001 (4.7UF 35V), LOCATED ON THE PIP-PCB.THIS CAP MAY LEAK ELECTROLYTE ONTO THE BOARD AND OPENED A FEED THROUGH IN THE PATH BETWEEN C7001 POSITIVE LEAD AND THE EMITTER OF Q7003 OR CAUSE INTERMITTENT COLOR. PT#181P504090. 2. NO MAIN OR PIP VIDEO, CHECK CHECK C7014, 47 UFD 35V ON THE PIP PCB. PART # 181P502060 3. CHECK FOR 7.2V DC ON THE BASE OF Q7003,IF LOW OR MISSING.CHECK THE VALUE OF R7002 (150 OHM 1/10W).LOCATED ON THE PIP-PWB. PT#103P401050
you can by pass this by removing the pip board and jumping the VP connector pins 7 to 9 and 5 to 11