Purchased the GE cordless system for boyfriend. He misplaced manual and is frantically trying to get house phones working again. He can not retrieve messages and gets no dial tone. When I phone there, it rings once, then goes to messages that he can not pick up.
He phoned his local company and its says something off hook.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take one of the existing extensions on the system and listen with a normal telephone if you get Dial tone...Then if you do Plug in your Cordless phone and listen if you do get it then... If not..most probably the cordless is faulty.
You can download the instructions from GE here. In the meantime, try placing the handsets onto the main base unit for 20 seconds each. The instructions say this is how you register the extra handsets with the base.
If the 900MHZ phone is Model 26928M programming for rotary dial usually goes like below, can't hurt to try on any model.
This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for
touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing:
1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep.
2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing.
3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.