Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
You will need this part# Lid switchNumber:3949238which can be ordered at www.searspartsdirect.com If you have your owners manual w/parts diagram this procedure will be easy. If not, go to www.searspartsdirect.com and search by your model # be sure to include the 110.
This is a very easy repair to do. I will walk this thru whilst referencing the items on the parts section.
You will need some room to work behind your machine so, shut off the water to the machine, Unplug it from the outlet, and remove the water supply hoses from the back of the machine. You may want to have a pail or bucket handy to catch the water as it drains from the hoses. Move your machine away from the wall to a position that you can comfortably get access to both the front and back of the machine.
Find the section called "Control panel" in your illustrated parts.
1) you will need to remove the plastic end covers on either side of the control panel Item #11. They just snap on and off.
2) With the plastic end covers off you will see a screw that looks like it holds part #7 to the machine top. Remove that screw from both sides of the control panel. Make sure that you put the screws where they will not be lost.
3) Grip both sides of the control panel from the front of the machine, and pull towards you. You should feel and hear a click. Now the control panel unit is loose from the machine. You can roll it backwards and off of the top. It can be lifted off of the top but it will still be connected via the wiring harness.
Now go to the section listed as "Top and cabinet"
4) Note part #6, lift up on the tab on each one and remove them. They are going to be tight so you will need to use some force to pop them out. Once both of these have been removed the back should be released from the washer.
5) Allow the rear panel to fall back slightly then lift it off the machine. Take note how it slides in for future reference when putting it back on.
6) Now you should be able to see the hex screws #23 that hold the machine top #2 to the body wrap #5. The screws are hex and flat combi-screws, usually 1/4" or 5/16th, so a socket will fit them. Remove both of the #23 screws.
7) lift the top enough that you can gain access to the lid switch. The lid switch is usually snapped into position but you will need to remove the grounding wire screw #23 at the lid switch also.
8) Carefully unplug the lid switch harness and remove the old lid switch from the top.
9) Snap the new lid switch into place, plug in the harness plug, and secure the ground wire with the screw.
10) Line up your top for the screws #23 and re-attach the top to the wrap.
11) Carefully replace the machine rear panel. Make sure it is properly seated at the bottom and flush against the wrap.
12) Now take each #6 spring clip and re-insert it and snap it back in place This should lock the back panel in place.
13) Line up the control panel to the top and push towards the back of the machine until it clicks into place.
14) Secure the control panel with the two screws #6 and snap the end covers #11 back into place.
Reconnect your water supply lines to the machine, and plug it back in. And perform a function test.
If you did everything correctly, your machine will now operate in the spin cycle.
I hope this helps
Posted on May 27, 2011
Testimonial: "Came apart just as you described... Now if you can just help me figure out how to get it back into balance!!!! JK- Thanks for the help!!"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2011 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Oct 10, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Mar 31, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jul 09, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Apr 19, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Mar 27, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jan 03, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 03, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Apr 11, 2008 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: