Question about Televison & Video
I am from India. I have Philips DVP 5150 model DVD Player. I tried few DVDs but it says "WRONG REGION". i would like to know how to unlock this region code.
you could try the following
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
this should unlock it to all regions .
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
1. Power ON the DVD player with no disc inside
2. Goto SETUP and go to Preferences
3. With preferences highlighted, Press NEXT CHAPTER>',
PREVIOUS CHAPTER '<, NEXT CHAPTER>',
PREVIOUS CHAPTER '<
4. The OSD will show the current Region Code
5. Press the Navigation Up or Navigation Down buttons to
select your desired region, or 0 for region free
6. Press OK to confirm your region selection
Posted on Dec 18, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Sep 17, 2009 | Philips DVP5990 DVD Player
Apr 03, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2009 | Philips DVP320 DVD Player
Feb 02, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 31, 2008 | Panasonic DVD-S52 DVD Player
Oct 20, 2019 | Sanyo Televison & Video
753 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: