Question about Home

1 Answer

We lost some water pressure in our tub with this american standard fixture and found that water is leaking behind the wall. would this be from the cartridge/valve

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 961 Answers

It would have to be a pretty good leak for you to notice a loss of pressure. A leak in the wall shouldn't have anything to do with the cartridrge although, the cartridge being bad could effect the loss of pressure. It's possible that the faucet fixture is cracked in a way that you could lose pressure and have a leak but, I would figure on replacing the whole fixture. Usually, the valve can be accesssed from the other side of the wall through a closet or whatever romm borders the bathroom. If you can gain access through that wall, you will know exactly what you are dealing with.

Posted on May 26, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Water turn on/off valve replac

Thank you for contacting fixya, experts would be with you in a moment,
observe that malfunction is least extensive taking down notes of what may be restored, normally parts that are broken may be replaced however also refixing least thwarfted malfunctions with tools.

May 14, 2013 | Home

1 Answer

I have an american standard jet tub, but i lost

You can adjust the jets by moving the center of the jet around, if the center does not move, it is not adjustable, some jets have a pressure adjustment by twisting the center of the jet left to right. No manual necessary for this.

Mar 13, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

Water runs very slowly when trying to fill jet tub.

Check to see if there are any screen type filter to the tub as debris may be clogging it. Also air lock can occur but it should not be causing problems as 90% clear them selves.....

Feb 15, 2010 | American Standard AMERICAN STD Savona...

1 Answer

My upstairs tub leaked and can see large water stains on the first floor ceiling. I think it only leaks if the jets are turned on. how do you fix this?

you will want to fill the tub up and turn the tub on first and get behind the tub and see where the water is coming from. there isn't any other way to find the leak.

Oct 15, 2009 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

I hear noises and feel vibration from the wall behind the toilet tank. When I lift up the toilet water tank cover or flush the toilet, the noise and wall vibration stops. However, the same noises and...

Your ball **** needs replacement (water control valve), Also your flapper or tilt valve disk is leaking water through it and it needs replacement also.

Sep 09, 2009 | American Standard Toilet Tank ...

1 Answer

I have a wall hung sink with a drain that leaks because I can't get the washer tight enough to the fixture. I've tried a couple of different sizes of washers, but no luck. I don't know what brand it is.

There should be between the washer and the sink fixture a large rubber washer that you can compress to seal the joint. You can also get a small tub of "plumber's putty. Use a small amount of putty, roll in a ball and turn into a snake shape..wrap in a coil around the sink before you slide the washer up and squeeze the washer into it.
Be sure to check the small ball socket that controls the sink drain plug. Sometimes the retainer nut isn't snug and it can leak a little and it will appear that the main drain is leaking... Hope this sloves your issue.

Jun 21, 2009 | American Standard RAVENNA WALL-HUNG SINK -...

1 Answer

I have a very old three-handled tub faucet. Handles must be cranked very hard to shut off water. Can I just replace handles or is there more behind the wall that must be addressed as well? It is not...

the handles themselves are not the problem but if you remove the handles then there are usually nuts behind them to pull out the valve out of the body. most tub faucets use either orings or rubber washers to seal it. without knowing exact brand and model is hard to tell you exactly what you are dealing with. some brands sell the whole valve to just swap out and some you have to go match up the orings or washers.

May 19, 2009 | American Standard 2083.102 Standard...

1 Answer

Danze D500540BNT Brushed Nickel single handle leaks

only when its on? it can only be from 3 places the the plumbing up to shower head or the tub spout or crack in fixture make a hole in the wall behind fixture easier then replaceing tile if you can turn on and see where the water is coming from you need to open anyways thank you for useing fixya please rate me

Feb 23, 2009 | Danze D500540BNT Brushed Nickel Fairmont??...

2 Answers

Shower handle leak

turn off main water in home . turn on tap some where in home to release presser take shower handle off (screw under cap) unscrew the tap with a wrench unscrew on insides you pull out replace washer put all back togethere

Feb 11, 2009 | American Standard 3275.505.099 Colony Soft...

1 Answer

How do you change the cartrige for easy touch american standart k

unscrew a alen screw on the underside of the handle.
unscrew the cap that is holding the main body of the fixture.
pull up the fixture.
install in reverse order.

Jan 06, 2009 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

53 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

15427 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

45139 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17328 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides