Question about Acer TravelMate 2001XC (LXT4506050) PC Notebook
Clean the DVD head and try again....
Posted on May 26, 2011
The windows might be corrupted. You could try editing the windows registry. here are the steps:
In order to delete upper and lower filters you're going to have to edit the registry. The usual cautions apply. If the registry is not edited properly your whole system can crash.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
last option, you could try installing imgburn (It's a software tool to check if your dvdrom can still read & write). here's the download link: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
If nothing happens, your dvd drive is bad and need to contact your computer manufacturer.
Posted on May 26, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2013 | Acer TravelMate 2001XC (LXT4506050) PC...
Part Number: AspireT690 Aspire T690
Storage CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD/CD-RW Combo, DVD Dual, or DVD Supermulti (varies by model)
Up to 400GB Hard Disk Drive SATA (varies by model)
9 in 1 Card Reader (selected models)
Oct 14, 2012 | Acer Aspire T690 (AST690UP820A) PC...
Dec 31, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Nov 29, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 512DX Notebook
Nov 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Feb 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop
Jan 01, 2009 | Sony Optiarc AD-7170S Burner
Nov 24, 2017 | ZTE Computers & Internet
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: