Question about Bosch Vacuums
Greetings from GoVacuum.com,
It sounds like you may have a bad thermal switch inside the machine. Most vacuum cleaners have a switch connected to the motor, so if the vacuum cleaner is running hot, it will shut off to prevent any damage to your motor. You did all the right things by checking the bag, making sure the hose was NOT clogged, and replacing HEPA filter.
Most of the time on canister vacuums, the reason is caused by a clog in the hose, or somewhere in the powerhead. If you're sure that there is no clog anywhere, it is going to be the thermal switch on the motor.
Here's a link to the parts schematic for the Bosch upright vacuum. I hope it helps you in determining how to access the thermal switch. A word of warning to you before you try it, this is a very tough vacuum cleaner to work on, you may want to bring it in to a vacuum repair shop, as this is not an easy repair.
Here's the link;
Please let me know if you have any other questions,
Posted on Aug 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2016 | Hoover U5140-900 Widepath Bagged Upright...
1. Remove the dirt cup canister from the vacuum. Remove the dirt cup lid.
2. Remove the primary foam filter. Rinse the filter under running water until it runs clear. Allow 24 hours to air dry outside of the vacuum.
3. Slide the Hepa filter out. Tap the filter against the trash can until dirt stops falling. Replace the Hepa filter. (Do not wash) Filters should be replaced once a year.
4. Remove the hose from both ends. Use a broom stick to gently loosen and clear any clogs from hose.
5. Remove the bottom plate and brushroll. Use a wooden spoon or something similar to loosen and remove any clogs from the lower hose.
6. Check that the brushes are still spinning. If not, replace the belt.
Hope this helps!
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries Rewind...
Nov 15, 2011 | Hoover Vacuums
Jul 14, 2011 | Electrolux EL7020A Oxygen 3 Ultra Canister...
Jul 25, 2010 | Vacuums
Feb 28, 2010 | Kenmore 35912 / 35913 Progressive Upright...
Sep 30, 2009 | Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Mar 19, 2009 | Eureka Smartvac 4870 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Feb 27, 2009 | Panasonic MC-E583 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Dec 15, 2007 | Bissell 3522 PowerForce Bagged Upright...
Dec 11, 2016 | Bosch Vacuums
Sep 27, 2016 | Bosch Vacuums
789 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: