An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: has a burning smell
That depends on what's burning! Unplug it and search online for the manual for that thing, or call Bionaire's help line once you look that up.
If you can safely do it, and are unworried about warrantee conditions, open it out and find out what was burning and what caused it to burn; for example, note the scorchy motor and/or control components and remove the cat toy out of the fan blade. At this point you get to observe and perhaps test whether the motor (or transformer, etc.) was burnt to ruin or can still run with care and reassembly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well,,, if it had a funny smell,,, along with not working anymore, than either a wire burned up or the motor fried. I'd bet on a wire though. If its multi speed, than a capacitor may have fried too but they don't ordinarily smell unless they burn. For the price of a new one,, just go out and buy one instead of wasting money on a repair unless you know someone who can fix a small problem.
First think I think when I hear of a burning smell is have you cleaned out the motor housing real well lately. Lots of fuzz, dust, etc can build up in there and make that motor really work hard and start to make it want to overheat or over heat. Unplug the fan and take a tooth pic and get in the motor assembly and pull the lint etc out of there with it. Some canned air may help a bit to once things are loosened up.
As for lubricating the fan you won't oil it. The motor spins the fan so there is nothing to lubricate. When the motor goes the the fan stops so the best thing you can do is strip that fan the best you can and wash and dry the parts real good and clean the motor housing out real well to let that motor breath as much as possible.
When a fan motor gets old and is worked real hard it can get hot by default and things will smell hot. If the fan has already been cleaned real well the best thing you can do is give it a break more frequently or look into a replacement motor.
I would check the line fuse to see if it is blown. It is located in the plug under the sliding access cover. Slide it towards the cord to open. If the fuse is good and you have it less than 5 years, you might be able to get the company to fix it for free since it has a 5 year warranty. 1800 234 0604. Hope this helps you.
It is probably less expensive to get a replacement. When there is a burning smell, it is usually the motor that is failing. BUT just to be sure , take down the canopy cover and try and determine where the odor is coming from. Is it in the wiring , or definitely in the motor?
you have to replace the thermostat . problems like this are common with latest electronic thermostats from china . most are going bad in less than 4 years . it so bad ,i am telling anyone who asks , to please keep there old regular thermostat , or if you have one of the old electronic ones (made over 10 years ago) hold on to it , it will last forever.... somehow when we moved the factory to china they forgot how to make thermostats that last ........ if you plan to rate this answer , please rate it 3 or 4 stars . this will help me stay in the paid answer department
ok from your given data its clear that the problem is with the fan motor..........
i think its because of over voltage problem ( merly because of voltage fluctations )
i want to know one thing are you getting the same problem with all the devices ....??
then please contact theelectricity department.....