Question about Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
> Uninstall IE Add-Ons
Installing too many add-ons affectsthe overall performance of the web browser. This may be a reason of InternetExplorer crashing. Although some ofthese toolbars are of great use but often we install the ones which are notfrequently used. For instance, some softwares come up with the option to installthe browser toolbars. In many cases these are less important to the computerusers.
To fix this issue uninstall all theunnecessary add-ons. Follow the steps below:
1. Run IE
2. Click on Tools (at top right corner) and then click on Manage Add-Ons
3. A new window will appear on your screen select unwanted add-on and click onDisable
4. Press OK and Restart your browser > Disable Hardware Acceleration Internet Explorer crashing can alsobe fixed by disabling hardware acceleration. The acceleration shall be adjustedin order to watch multimedia content specially. You can adjust the accelerationeasily. To do so follow the steps stated below: 1. Click on Start and open ControlPanel
2. Click on Network and Internet
3. Click on Internet Options
4. In Internet Option click on Advanced tab
5. Check the box "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering"
6. Click Apply button
7. Restart PC > Reinstall IE This browser is installed as aWindows update and incorrect or corrupted installation may lead to crashingissues. In sever cases you can uninstall the browser to reinstall it again. Theprocess to uninstall it is a little different as compared which is given here: 1. Click on Start
2. Open Control Panel
3. Now click on Programs and Features
4. In the left panel of Programs and Features click on View Installed Updates
5. Right-click on Internet Explorer
6. Click on Uninstall
7. Restart your computer on completion of process > Fix IE Registry Keys Registry contains all theinformation of the applications that we install in our PC in the form of keys.If keys of any program get corrupted it won't work properly.
Fix registry related issues usingsome secured cleaner such as McAfee Secured RegInOut Cleaner.
Posted on Jun 22, 2011
Internet explorer does encounter problems like that every once in a while. i find the best browsers to avoid it are firefox and google chrome which you can download for free here http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/make/download.html?brand=CHKZ http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/
Posted on May 25, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Mar 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Feb 27, 2011 | Internet Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2011 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
Aug 22, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 14, 2010 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jul 09, 2009 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jan 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 24, 2014 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jul 07, 2014 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: