Question about Garden

Open Question

Tetra WGP550 Water Garden Pump. Male adapter screws into the top of pump to which a hose is attached. Unfortunately, the threaded portion broke off the . ... Can we buy a replacement Thanks Barbara

Posted by on

  • John Hicks
    John Hicks May 25, 2011

    can you send me a picture of the pump



6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 163 Answers

SOURCE: hydrostat pump leak,cub cadet garden tractor

try tightening the connections. if that doesnt work you can disconnect and wrap the threads with teflon tape but this requires draining the hydro system

Posted on Nov 30, 2008

  • 832 Answers

SOURCE: Need a replacement part

1. Try look for replacement at hardware stores selling
Tetra water garden pump.
2. Have it fabricated in a machine shop. (Expensive but
if you don't have any other alternative, you may
3. Buy another unit, buy quality product only.

Posted on Dec 02, 2009

  • 166 Answers

SOURCE: I have a Husky pressure

Not a solution... seems like it is blocked, mine freeflows at least a little water when you turn on the hose (engin off)... Did it get a big slug of dirt from the hose of fawcett? .... puzzzling....

Posted on Mar 07, 2010

  • 6 Answers

SOURCE: My pumps hose broke and

i need to know is your pump petrol or electric/ and did your suction or delivery hose brake/when you say the pump is full do u mean your tank is full of water /if your pump is house water 240volt with tyre type valve on top of pump u need to get pump[ pushbike type pump] and repressure the bladder in that pump , check pressure specs on your pump

Posted on Jan 18, 2011

  • 405 Answers

SOURCE: Is the connection on the

HI.Usually it has a male nend but if you want it to connect to a male nend of the panel all you need to do is to connect both male nend to a female socket.This will let the 2 male nend to be connected.Thank you for choosing FIXYA.

Posted on Aug 08, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

How to fit Inlet hose and Water discharge hoses online manual not clear enough

the hose connections should be 1/2 : NTP thread ( normal 1/2 tap and garden hose fittings ) the inlet hose comes from a pressure source so it will be a screw on fitting at each end
Y fittings are available from a hardware shop if you want to run hot water as well as cold but some machines heat their own water to near boiling for better hygiene and drying of dishes
next the same screw on fitting ( as on a tap)) should fit on the pump outlet
as the pump discharge is low pressure the fitting can have a hose tail ( plain piece with a barb at the end that the hose pushes over)with the hose pushed on and held in place with a hose clamp
the same for the other end but the tail should be part of the sink drain ( all fittings can be from a hardware shop in the garden hose section) S bend so push it on there , again with a hose clamp
check the size as the pump fitting may be 3/4 not 1/2 inch as drain hoses can be larger , but the principle of fitting is the same

Aug 20, 2016 | Beko DE2542FS 45 cm Silver Freestanding...

1 Answer


Hot water heaters are a collector of sediment. The proper care includes flushing out the collected debris through the low side drain faucet. The problem is the faucet is not designed correctly to carry out the needed task. If you are handy... turn off the water and gas or electricity to your water heater. Relieve the water pressure through the temperature/pressure relief valve on the side of the water heater tank. Once pressure is relieved close the valve. Determine if you have a 1/2 inch or a 3/4 inch diameter drain valve hole in the side of the tank where the drain valve is located. The drain valve can be removed with channel lock pliers, an 8 or 10 inch adjustable wrench, or a small 8 to 10 inch pipe wrench. Water will leak out the threaded hole while the valve is out. If everything is closed maybe 2 cups of water will leak out of the hot water tank as you check drain valve thread size. DO NOT take your time checking thread size. After you know the pipe thread size go to the hardware store ( Home Depot, Lowe's etc) purchase a short nipple (1 1/2 to 3 inch depending on available space) and a ball valve (brass) due to the water temperature. You will also need a brass adapter for pipe thread to garden hose thread (male both ends). This adapter goes into the ball valve to allow for the connection of a garden hose. Connect the pipe and valve together using the correct pipe thread sealant and install in place of the original plastic drain valve. Install pipe to hose adapter using thread sealant. With the ball valve in place turn the water back on. Gas or electricity back on. Connect a garden hose to the ball valve. Place the other end of the garden hose in a safe area as hot water and debris will be expelled through the hose. With water on, Gas or Electricity on and the relief valve closed actuate the ball valve to the full open position for approximately 3 seconds then close the valve. Repeat the open and close of the ball valve three times. Observe the debris that emptied out of the garden hose. You may be surprised at what you see. If the water runs clear, disconnect the garden hose the task is completed. You can wait until the following year to repeat the process. Your pipe and valve are now a part of the water heater, they may remain in place. Put the hose away.

Aug 31, 2015 | Water Water Heaters

1 Answer

How tell u got a bad water pump on a 2007 pontaic g6

If it were mine, I'd remove the top radiator hose from the radiator, and use a garden hose for an extension to it, and then have another garden hose ready to keep the radiator filled to the top with water.
You will also need to plug the connection where the radiator hose was taken off.
Take the thermostat out, it is often in the housing where the lower radiator hose attaches to the engine block.
Put the housing back on without thermostat.
Now, start the engine.
The water pump should pump a lot of water out of the garden hose, as it tries to go to the top of the radiator. Be sure to keep the radiator full as you do this.
Be blessed.

Mar 21, 2013 | 2007 Pontiac G6

1 Answer

I am living in Argentina I buy a Melnor Yardworks model 59-7470-0 in Canadian Tires in Canada Unfortunly the treads conectos are of difernt that we have commoly here for example Gardena and others...

This is not going to be an easy 1:1 conversion
I believe Argentina uses BSP British Standard Pipe
Unknown what thread is used for water hose in Argentina.
US sold products use NPT tapered pipe thread
US has different-but-similar thread for water hose.

So you need at least 2 adapters:
Adapter from 3/4" BSP to 3/4" NPT.
And then adapt 3/4" NPT to 3/4" hose thread.
And then possibly another adapter to hose thread in Argentina.

There is no immediate link announcing which vendor sells BSP to NPT adapter fittings, in Argentina.
However, the following link sells adapters, in Australia:

You can google the following search parameter in Argentina:
Adapt NPT pipe thread to BSP pipe thread

Issue is compounded with 2nd adapter problem.
Melnor sells water timers that screw onto a hose bib.
3/4" hose thread is different than 3/4" NPT pipe thread because 3/4" pipe thread is tapered, while hose thread is straight with no taper.
When connecting a water timer to hose bib, the seal is made with rubber washer.

Home centers in US sell 3/4" NPT pipe thread to 3/4" hose thread.

You can google the following parameter, but sources might not be in Argentina: 3/4" hose thread to 3/4" pipe thread

Sep 04, 2011 | Hardware & Accessories

1 Answer

Replacing a broken component on my McCulloch FH180B

Mc Culloch service centre Check the phone books pages in your country of origin ( or on the net). Your local hardware or distributor should be able to direct you to the service centre.
Cheap part ( $5) but they have a minimum labour cost of $100. So ask first if you can just buy the part and DIY

Please rate my help++++Thanks for using FIXYA

May 04, 2010 | McCulloch MCCFH180B Electric Pressure...

1 Answer

Need a replacement part

1. Try look for replacement at hardware stores selling
Tetra water garden pump.
2. Have it fabricated in a machine shop. (Expensive but
if you don't have any other alternative, you may
3. Buy another unit, buy quality product only.

Nov 27, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

On my Hayward ProGrid filter there is water leaking from the air release assembly? What can I do

If it is the assembly (the piece that the pressure gauge and relief nut screw into) that is leaking you would need to replace it, it is about $90.

If it is where the assembly attaches to the top of the filter head you can replace those O-rings ($10-$15) then clean and re-teflon the male threads.

Aug 25, 2009 | Hayward Pro Series 18" Above Ground Pool...

1 Answer

Tsurmi LB-480 2" male adapter to the hose

You can either replace it with another 2"male hose adapter or just replace it with 2"diameter GI pipe nipple x 4"length and hose clamp for 2" diameter.pipe. Just send your e-mail should you need further assistance.

Jul 07, 2009 | Tsurumi Pump s Submersible Trash Pump -...

1 Answer

Broken garden hose adaptor

We have the same pump and problems. I have attempted a few fixes with PVC sealant and hose clamps to the current adaptor, however the adapter is still continuing to crack. The adapter is removable- carefully so as to not damage the small eyelet it attaches to, (or in our case, it came off on it's own) and can be replaced by any adapter that fits- they can be found all over at lowes or home depot. I am personally going to try using a broken hose and clamping it directly to the eyelet. This is not a good reason to buy a new pump- they fix too easy!

Mar 29, 2009 | Rule 1800 H53SP-24 Swimming Pool Cover...

1 Answer

2 hp vertical sta-rite well pump

Did you prime the pump? To prime: Before turning pump on, unscrew plug cap from top of pump (usually on pump impeller housing,) and with a pitcher or garden hose, fill pump full of water, and replace plug. Then turn pump on and see if problem is solved. If leaking: Are all fittings tight, O-rings and seals new, and is there any pipe thread tape on all threads w/o seals?

Nov 02, 2008 | Sta Rite STA-RITE IMPELLER 2HP FULLRATE &...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Garden Logo

Related Topics:

72 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Garden Experts

Dennis Key
Dennis Key

Level 3 Expert

2478 Answers


Level 3 Expert

594 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12650 Answers

Are you a Garden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides