Question about Jl Audio 500/1 Car Audio Amplifier
There are three status indicator lights on the top of the amplifier. These are as follows:
1) "Power" (Green): lights to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
2) "Thermal" (Red): lights to indicate that the amplifier has exceeded its safe operating temperature, putting the amplifier into a self-protection mode, which reduces the power output of the amplifier. The red light will shut off and the amplifier will return to normal, full-power operating mode if the heat sink temperature drops back to a safe level.
3) "Low ω" (Amber): lights to indicate that the impedance of the speaker load connected to the amplifier is lower than the optimum impedance load range for the amplifier. When this light is on, a protection circuit engages and reduces the power output of the amplifier. The amber indicator will also light when a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring (this can be a short between the positive and negative speaker wires or between either speaker wire and the vehicle chassis).
There is only one condition that will shut down an undamaged 500/1v2 completely... If battery voltage drops below 10 volts, the entire amplifier will shut itself off. The green "Power" indicator on the top of the amplifier will turn off when this occurs. The amplifier will turn back on when voltage climbs back above 10 volts. This may happen in a rapid cycle when bass-heavy program material causes a weak charging system to dip below 10 volts momentarily. If this is happening in your system, have your charging system inspected to make sure it is working properly.
If your amplifier is blinking Green, and no output is coming out of the speaker, you may have internal damage to your 500/1 Amp.
"My amplifier turns on, but there is no output"
For immediate assistance please call our Technical Support Department at 954-443-1100.
Otherwise, check this site out for Technical Assistance with your Amp:
Here is your Manual:
Posted on May 25, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2015 | Chef's Choice Kitchen Appliances - Others
Mar 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
mp150 and simular printers:
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Jan 22, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 06, 2010 | Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection...
Mar 24, 2010 | RoadPro AC/DC Power Inverter 80/100w
Oct 27, 2009 | Dell UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1" LCD Monitor
Aug 17, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62725 62" Rear Projection...
May 30, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGC-RB42G PC Desktop
May 18, 2009 | Sony KV-36FV26 TV
Jan 27, 2009 | Jl Audio 300/4 Car Audio Amplifier
445 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!