Question about Samsung SyncMaster 172N 17" LCD Monitor
Welcome to Fixya!
With the model of the monitor that you have, it should come with a multimedia stand.
if it does not, contact the place where you bought it.
you could see the manual on this link: http://www.retrevo.com/support/Samsung-172N-Monitors-manual/id/278ci663/t/2/
once you have downloaded it, refer to page 20.
Hope this would be help!
Posted on May 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Connect the black plug of the rear right speaker into the black plug on the subwoofer.
2. Connect the yellow plug on the rear left speaker into the yellow input on the subwoofer.
3. Connect the red plug of the front center speaker into the red input on the subwoofer.
4. Connect the white plug of the front left speaker into the white input on the subwoofer.
5. Connect the d-sub connector plug from the front right speaker into the d-plug connector on the subwoofer.
6. Connect the green, black and orange input to the matching plugs on your computer. If you have a four-channel sound card, connect the green plug from the input audio cable to the front plug of the card and the black plug to the rear plug. Do not connect the orange input. If you are using a two-channel sound card, connect the green plug from the input audio cable to the "Line Out" jack on the sound card. Do not connect the green and orange plug.
7. Plug the subwoofer power chord into the electrical power outlet.
8. Place your subwoofer on ground around your computer desk. Position the front center speaker on top of your computer monitor.
9. Place the left and right front speakers on the sides of the monitor. Position the left and right rear speakers behind you, making sure they are pointing toward the front left and right speakers.
10. needs to support 5.1 surround. Normally, more than three sockets for sound indicates that it does. Then you need to use the software that comes with the sound hardware to configure it for 5.1 - Default will be 2.1 or just 2.
Check the control panel out. This is a lot easier under Windows 7.- Here you can access what you need via the speaker icon on the system tray (right click)
There is NO problem with your OS or hardware, this is pretty standard...
hope this will help you solve your problem.
Jul 18, 2011 | Logitech X-530 Computer Speakers
Apr 06, 2011 | GE HO98010 Computer Speakers
May 18, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
May 03, 2010 | Boston Acoustics BA745 Computer Speakers
Mar 04, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 30, 2009 | LG 37LC7D 37 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 03, 2009 | Dell 5650 Computer Speakers
Jan 07, 2009 | Altec Lansing VS2421 Main / Stereo Speaker
Jan 06, 2009 | Harman Multimedia T9078 2.1 Speakers
Oct 13, 2007 | Harman Kardon HK206 Computer Speakers
Apr 29, 2017 | Samsung SyncMaster 172N 17" LCD Monitor
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: