Question about Chamberlain 12HP Power Drive Chain Drive Garage Access System
If the door can be pulled up and down manually, and seems smooth and free of restrictions, and doesn't close jerkily.... then there is a fair chance it is the plastic drive gear assembly inside the motor unit has shredded. They only last so long. (Dont know how old your unit is.)
This is what happened on mine. Got a replacement gear assembly for $40 at a garage door installers shop and replaced it. Problem solved. You can actually see a plastic "snow" inside the unit with the cover off where the plastic has shaved over the years. Takes awhile, but not that hard if you're mechanically inclined.
First though, I'd just check to make sure nothing is hanging it up when trying to close. I assume it goes UP just fine, and only gives you this hassle WHEN CLOSING. If all moves smoothly, take the cover off and look for the worn plastic gear and the infamous plastic "snow".
Posted on May 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
IF U HAVE TWO EYE,SENSORS ON EACH SIDE OF THE DOOR SEE IF SOMETHING IS BLOCKING THE EYES OR SOETHING IS COVERING THEM, OR THEY ARE OUT OF ALIGNMENT, ONE SHOULD SHOW GREEN, AND ONE RED EYE, GOOD LOCK
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
Your door sensors are most likely misaligned. Each of them should have a small light that is lit and not blinking. Tweak them until both are lit.
Posted on May 18, 2009
Hold the button with the lock icon in for 3 seconds. This should toggle the unit off vacation mode and your remotes will work.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
If the small light in your wall control is blinking it is in the lock mode. Press and hold for 3 seconds the button with the icon of a lock. This will toggle the lock function off.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 10, 2011 | liftmaster Garage Door 1/2 Hp
Jul 12, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
May 19, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Feb 02, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Oct 28, 2009 | 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Aug 26, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
May 31, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Dec 28, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Jun 18, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: