Question about HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
To insert the ink cartridges, follow these steps.
1. Make sure that the printer is plugged in to an electrical outlet. Power on the device using the power button, and wait approximately 30 seconds for the printer to fully initialize.
2. Insert paper into the paper tray, as you will have to print an alignment page once the ink is installed.
3. Open the print cartridge door on the far right side of the printer. It opens downward.
4. Wait for the print carriage to move to the right side, aligning the ink with the cartridge opening.
5. The tri-color print cartridge is on the left and the black is on the right. Lightly press down on the empty ink cartridge to remove it.
6. Remove the packaging from the new ink cartridge, including the plastic pull tab covering the metal connectors.
7. Slide the new cartridge forward into the empty slot, then gently push forwards on the upper part of the cartridge until it clicks into the slot. Repeat for the other cartridge if necessary.
8. Close the print cartridge door. An alignment sheet will print with instructions for scanning it.
For more information, here is the link to the C3180 manual. Information about replacing an ink cartridge begins in section 7.
Posted on May 24, 2011
For this particular printer, there are two slots, one with a green triangle and another with 2 different shapes. The left one is for colour and the right for black ink.
First you want to pull the desired cartridge out by putting a finger on both top and bottom and it should literally slide out (if it doesn't first time lift it up slightly first). Save the cartridge for future refill and the cartridge you want to put in you hold the same way and again from the bottom just literally slide it in. You should be able to click it in once it is all the way - this indicates it is in correctly, the printer should now run a test print
Posted on May 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2011 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 25, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 22, 2010 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 10, 2010 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 12, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 10, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: