Gateway desktop powers on, but no display
Hello my friend, try to check your power supply and try to insert correctly your RAM. And for your last option of troubleshooting is to apply a silicon compound to your processor. Then if it does not solve your problem try to reset the motherboard. How to do these follow this steps.
1. Pull out first the CMOS battery.
2. Next pull out the Memory/RAM.
3. Pull out everything that connect to your Hard drive and CD drive.
4. Set the jumper settings of your CMOS to CLRCMOS that is Jumper 2-3.
5. Turn on your system unit and let it for around 15 minutes.
6. After a period of time, put back all what your pull outed.
7. For best diagnostic test, first put the cmos to normal, then put back the memory and test. If it beep once then you successfully reset your motherboard. And if you are successfully reset your motherboard put back all to normal.
Hope it would help you.
Oct 08, 2012 |
Gateway PC Desktops