Question about Sony DCR-SX40E Camcorder
This applies to this camera series but I found that the E:61:00 means "Difficult to adjust focus Inspect the lens block focus reset sensor". The simple solution to fix that error message was to the let the lens fully extend and give the lens a good whack. Possibly this error message for this means, that the auto focus motor was past the maximum set point.
· After pressing the power button in capture mode, the lens would extend and a slight humming from what appeared to be the auto focus motor could be heard for about 5 seconds. When the motor stopped humming, the camera would beep and display E:61:00 in the LCD Screen.
· Camera would extend the lens but not be able to focus on anything past 8 inches or so.
· Zoom in and zoom out would not work.
· Playback mode and the Setup mode was not affected.
Solution: This may sound crazy and this has not happened since I did this but here is what I did to get rid of that error message. I have not had that problem since but here was my steps:
· Turn the camera off
· Hold the camera face down over a hard surface (Like you are going to take of your desk) with only about half an inch above the surface.
OR reference the video files below for an alternate method.
· Turn the camera on
· Let the lens extend into the hard surface, don't let it extend all the way. Mine retracted slightly and then tried to extend again (let it extend the second time).
· Lift the camera away from the hard surface and notice that the error message is gone.
· Take pictures of your favorite things.
Additionally, here is a video of the normal power up sequence of the camera and there other moethods:
1. Here is the first alternate method
2. Here is the second alternate method
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2010 | Sony DCR-SR47 Camcorder
Mar 10, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-SR42 Camcorder
Jan 02, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC40 Mini DV Digital...
Jul 23, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-PC109 Mini DV Digital...
Dec 09, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403 DVD Camcorder
Jan 06, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD201 DVD Camcorder
Oct 12, 2007 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42 Mini DV Digital...
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: