Question about iRobot Roomba 550 Vacuum
You will need to reset the Roomba charging system. Here's how you will do it:
1. First, remove the battery.
2. Then, hold down the power button for at least 5 seconds.
3. Afterwards, put the battery back in.
4.Plug the Charger into Roomba (avoid using the Home Base® if you have one so as to ensure the Roomba's charging cycle is not interrupted.)
5. Please charge the Battery until the Roomba Power light is solid green and keep the Roomba on the Charger for an additional 72 hours (3 days). Note: Do not interrupt this charging cycle.
6. Once charging is done, in Max mode, run the Roomba for one complete cycle without a Home Base present, to deplete the battery.
Keep track of the run time and if it has improved, repeat repeat the Roomba battery reset procedure a several times.If your Roomba does not have Max mode, run several Clean cycles until Roomba stops and plays the "dead battery" song.
If it does not improve, I suggest you to purchase a new Roomba APS battery or standard battery for your Roomba 550, which can be purchased on the robot shop website.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2016 | iRobot Vacuums
Dec 31, 2015 | Roomba Vacuums
May 10, 2014 | iRobot Vacuums
Mar 24, 2013 | iRobot Roomba 560 Robotic Vacuum
Mar 01, 2013 | iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum
Feb 23, 2011 | iRobot 53501 Roomba 500 Series Vacuum...
May 12, 2010 | iRobot 4150 Roomba Vacuum
Aug 30, 2009 | iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum
May 04, 2009 | iRobot 5800 Scooba Vacuum
Feb 13, 2009 | iRobot Roomba Discovery SE Bagless Robotic...
564 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: