Question about RCA RCR311B Remote Control
I can't get my new rca universal 3 function remote model no.rcr312w to program my 1999 memorex model tv/vcr combo.
This is what worked for me:
Manual Code Search and Entry
1. Manually turn on the TV
2. Press and hold the TV button The illuminated ON•OFF key turns on and remains on.
3. While holding the component key down, press and hold the ON•OFF key. The illuminated ON•OFF key turns off.
4. After holding down both keys for three seconds, the illuminated ON•OFF key turns back on.
5. Release both keys. The illuminated ON•OFF key remains on. TIP: Throughout the programming of each key, be sure to keep the remote pointed at the IR sensor of the component you are currently programming the remote to control.
6. Press and release the ON•OFF key repeatedly until your component turns off. Each time you press the ON•OFF key, the illuminated ON•OFF key blinks, and the next
code in the list is sent. This process continues until all of the codes in the Code Lists have been searched. If your component turns off, you have found the correct code.
TIP: Because there are so many codes, you may have to press the ON•OFF key many times-possibly up to 200 times.
7. Once you have found the correct code, you must save the new code by pressing and releasing the STOP key. The illuminated ON•OFF key turns off. You must press the STOP key to save the code or the correct code will not be stored!
8. To confirm that the component key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality, test the component. Attempt to control a variety of the component's functions with the remote. If some of the features of your components do not work, try programming the remote with a different code in the list until you find the code that allows the remote to control the majority of your component's functions. Different codes can provide different levels of functionality.
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2010 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Jan 20, 2010 | RCA 3-dev Universal Remote Remote Control
May 17, 2009 | RCA 3-Device Universal Remote with...
May 05, 2009 | RCA Universal Remote 3 Device Remote...
Dec 22, 2008 | Panasonic PV-C2061 20 in. TV/VCR Combo
Dec 18, 2008 | Emerson EWC19T3 19 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Oct 17, 2008 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Aug 16, 2008 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Oct 17, 2007 | RCA DRC200N
May 27, 2007 | Memorex MVDT2402 24 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: