Water on phone now it says download and has red screen. Please help. I tried taking it apart (battery out, sim card out) blow drying it and tapping on my hand to see if any water would come out from the inside. When I put it back together, it will startup by vibration, however goes to red screen and download on face.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: daughter got raindrops on phone
Try following steps to get rid of it:
1. Takeout the battery of your phone. 2. Leave your cell in air for a day or two without attaching battery and battery cover to it. 3. Put the battery back,it should work.If still problem exists, then I'll recommend you to buy a new battery for your cell........and before you put that new battery in your cell,leave your cell in air for another two days with the same procedure.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
May be static electricity. My daughter's phone had occasional issues which I resolved like this: Turn off the phone and pull the battery out. The SIM card is under the battery. Pull the SIM card the re-install it, making sure it seats properly. If that doesn't work, take the SIM card to your phone vendor for a new one, which is generally free.
well that happened to me so i blow dried it...took out the battery and SIM CARD AND CHARGED IT...i unplugged it let the sim card battery and phone sit alone...for about an hour...then i put them in and it didn't say download so i held the end button...and its back to NEW
You may still have water in tight places due to water surface tension. Open all the access doors, take out the SIM card, battery and anything else that is removable and put all parts in a ziplock bag. Get some dessicant bags (from old shoe boxes), cardboard pieces, saltine crackers and put them in the ziplock bag also and put on top of your microwave oven (if it is used a lot) or in the window where it gets direct sunlight. Leave it there until moisture gets on the bag then disappears again (3-5days) The dry items in the ziplock will help draw out all the moisture better than air drying. I have done this many times on cell phones, gameboys, etc. and it works everytime.
Remove the back cover and battery of the device. Set the battery aside and look inside the phone. In the lower right hand corner near the gold prongs there is a circle sticker. It will be on the side wall of the device. If the sticker is red, your phone has been exposed to water damage.
Take out the battery....then put it back in. Do not try to turn on the phone yet. Next plug the phone up to charge. Wait until the charging screen appears and then power the phone. Worked for me.....good luck.
If your phone is telling you that your Sim card is not valid.
There is two possible conditions.
1) There is water on you sim card or it is dirty
What to do: Take yout phone apart (back caver, batteries, SIM card, abd
memcard) dry everything and clean it up. Then put it back together.
2) Your sim card is scratched. To ensure it try that sim in another phone and see....
Only thing to do: Buy a new Sim card.
Hope my info solves your problem, Thanx for using fixya....
It may never work again BUT!!! Take the battery out, take the phone apart as much as possible and place the phone on a register vent with the fan switch set to ON or in front of a fan for about 3 or more days and try it again. water usually does not hurt electronics as long as there is no power to it and it is dry when you put power to it. If this even happens again, Get the battery out of it as soon as possible an DO NOT REPLACE IT OR TRY TO CHARGE IT until it is completely dry. Water and powered electronics do not get along in any way shape of form. Especially salt water. You will probably have to replace the phone. Your saved information may be on the sim card. Good Luck.