Question about Sanyo Cell Phones

2 Answers

Coffe spilled in my car,some got on my cell phone,i right away took battery out,submerged it all in rice,after 24 hours.i put battery in..no picture on screen but i was able to make calls,i then put phone on cherger for couple minutes.now evrything is dead.what happened

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • pam glantz May 24, 2011

    so basically i caused what is irreversible damage by putting it on the charger even though it was only for a minute?Is there anything I could do to get the phone working again?I got the phone 2 months ago..i know sprint will not replace the phone for free..

  • pam glantz May 24, 2011

    is there anything i could do at home to get the phone working again.I only had it on the charger for a minute or so.sprint will not replace the phone for me.I have had it only for 2 months

  • pam glantz May 24, 2011

    would it be the whole phone that would need to be replaced?Also the battery doesn't look like it got wet.so the battery should be still good,right?I am, just trying to figure out how much my stupidity is going to cost me.If I did not put it on the charger,it might of been useable,huh?/

×

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Mentor:

    An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.

    Teacher:

    An expert who has written 2 tips or uploaded 1 video tip.

  • Contributor
  • 20 Answers

Hi gpammyt you have corrsion in your cellphone if you know how you need to open the screw and clean in the inside off your ponhe all the water if not you will need to go to processes repairs sorry

Posted on May 24, 2011

  • lavi nissanov
    lavi nissanov May 26, 2011

    Hi gpammyt
    i can't know what is the status of your battery this you could check in the store or with fluk if you know how to work with it.
    it doesn't matter for concting the charger to the phone becuase after the battry got died you should have connect it to the charger so it was only postpone the end for your phone
    sorry agian

×

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,632 Answers

Hi,
Welcome to Fixya. The issue why the phone is dead is because when you connect the charger to the phone it causes short circuit. Water is a conductor of electricity so even you have tried to put it dry for 24 hours the main board of the cell phone is still grounded. If the phone is dead you can try to bring it to a service center just to check if what parts are still usable and what parts are need to be replaced.
Thanks for using Fixya.

Posted on May 24, 2011

  • Rofel Lantican
    Rofel Lantican May 24, 2011

    There's no way you can do about it. It's an electrical damage. This is a hardware issue and can only be fix by replacing the faulty part. Even if it took a minute to charge you let the electricity to flow to a grounded board of the cellphone.

  • Rofel Lantican
    Rofel Lantican May 24, 2011

    It will depends on the damage that's why the best thing to do is to bring it to a service center to have it checked for non usable and usable parts. The battery will be fine. If you did not put the charger perhaps the damage is only the display then it would cost you less for repair.

×

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

ZTE PHONE Model:ZTE N861/FCC ID:Q78 ZTEN861


hi could be the bord it self or just the lcd try to get spare parts from ebay just put the model number and you should get some cheap parts good luck.

May 11, 2013 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

My kids spilled bubbles on my phone now it wont read my swipe to unlock it


The best thing to get all the moisture out is take white rice put in a ziplock and set phone in it. The rice will pull out the dampness. Really according to how wet on time, at least 24 to 72 hours!

Apr 03, 2013 | Sanyo SCP-2700 Cell Phone

1 Answer

Samsung facinate galaxy s phone went in the pool


Sorry your phone took a dip. First thing that you do is use a hair dryer on low heat. ( be careful to not have hair dryer to close, back it off about 12 inches) Do this for a few minutes and see if that does the trick. Also, a lot of times most the problem is in the battery getting wet. So take out battery and dry it good. That is step one. No, your not finished. Step two. Now that you have done the best you can manually by using a hair dryer, now get yourself some white rice ( like minute rice) and put some rice in a sandwich baggy, enough to submerge the phone and battery into the bag. What this does, is as the phone is in the bag of rice, it will draw out the moisture out over a period of time. How Long>>? most case within 48 hours. Make sure that the phone is completely submerged. Then after you feel that it has been a good amount of time, then put phone back together, install battery. Are we done yet??? NO.... Now you want to fully charge phone, because it looses its memory of battery storage, when it is wet, So then when its put all together with battery in, and fully charged, Then your in business. I really hope this has helped you, and feel free to respond if any other questions. Now, if this does not do it, unfortunately, most likely it will have to be replaced. Thank You So Much, Mr Bill

mr1bill_0.jpeg

Aug 04, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Coffee got on phone.I took battery out right away,put everything in rice.After 24 hours put battery back in .no picture or anything on screen,but i was able to make calls,i then put the phone on charger...


when a phone is liquid damage especially salt water, coffee and soft drinks then very likely it will not work properly especially the screen as the liquid sips through the edges of the screen

May 24, 2011 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

I recently jumped into a pool with my cell phone in my pocket (SAMSUNG Reality). I realized it 10 minues or so after. Dried the phone. A day later, the phone will turn on when connected to charger...


When phone gets wet NEVER try to turn it on. Take battery out right away shake water off and put both in bowl of rice for at least 24 hrs. If your not home or don't have rice right away take battery out and get some. We have a bowl of rice on the counter all summer long for those who jump in the pool with phone in their pocket. I have washed them dropped them in the toilet my son jumped in pool with his phone, put it rice for 24 hrs and we were up and running with the exception of the one in the pool, that one cost me new battery on Ebay ($4.95) but phone worked fine, didn't even lose contacts or pictures. But the key is to NOT try to turn it on after its been wet. Water and batteries don't mix.

Jun 16, 2010 | Samsung Exclaim M550 Cell Phone

1 Answer

Lc dled


Remove the battery cover, battery, and back cover casing as soon as possible, then put the phone in a small holes bag(the type you put in the washing machine that holds the tablets), then put phone in a jar of uncooked rice, ensuring phone is submerged in the rice, and leave for 48 hours. the rice will extract all moisture from the handset.

Welcome to the forums btw !

As to the charging point, these can be replaced quite easiy, otherwise Service point can do it. __________________

Apr 21, 2010 | Nokia 6300 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

My phone fell in the toilet and now all of my buttons do the wrong function


Take your battery out, and put your phone in a bowl of rice right away when this happens. The rice soaks up all that water. Leave in rice for about 24 hours. Never turn it on and start using it right after the liquid, because it is electronic it will more than likely act strange or stop working altogether.

Mar 12, 2010 | Lands Phones

2 Answers

Batteries died. Put new ones in (red light comes


there is one red buton press two min then try

Dec 03, 2009 | Logitech Cordless Mouse

1 Answer

Washed my samsung wafer cell phone. will replacing battery make it work again


Most likely you will need to do more than that, as there will be condensation and moisture trapped inside your phone. Moisture + electronic circuits = bad news. Try this... it sounds really wacky but it often works: put your phone in a box full of uncooked rice, completely covering the phone on all sides. Leave it in the rice for a good 12-24 hours. Rice wicks away the moisture inside sensitive electronics. After 12-24 hours, turn it on and see what happens. Good luck!

Apr 17, 2008 | Cell Phones

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

25 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sanyo Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Jeffrey Thomas
Jeffrey Thomas

Level 1 Expert

14 Answers

rey francis basa
rey francis basa

Level 3 Expert

666 Answers

Are you a Sanyo Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...