Question about Plumbing
Posted by Anonymous on
You have a waterlogged pressure tank. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Determine your cut in pressure by looking at the pressure gauge and seeing when the pump turns on.
2. Shut off the electric to the pump and shut off the main water to the house.
3. Drain the water from the pressure tank completely. You can do this by opening the drain at the bottom the the pressure tank.
4. With a air compressor and tire gauge (don't use pressure gauge on the pump) put enough pressure in the tank so that it is two psi less than the cut in pressure. So if your pump turns on at 30 psi, put 28 psi in the tank.
5. Turn the power back on to the pump and let it run till it shuts off.
6. Turn the water back on to the house.
7. This should fix the problem. If it does not, the bladder in the pressure tank is bad and the whole tank needs to be replaced.
This is a general fix without knowing your make and model of pump or pressure tank. This is a universal way of fixing this problem.
Posted on May 23, 2011
Had this problem
1-turn off pump at breaker
2-open faucet near tank - drain all water it will take a long time --3-4 hrs [you MAY have to open plug on top of tank as well]
3 close faucet by tank
4 turn on pump
this is a temporary fix..used to work for 3-6 mos for me
Posted on Feb 06, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2008 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
May 11, 2017 | Miele Washing Machines
Sep 21, 2014 | Malber WD1000 Front Load Washer/Dryer
Apr 23, 2014 | Vitapur Energy Star Bottom Load Water...
Sep 01, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 06, 2010 | Dishwashers
Jun 26, 2010 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Apr 08, 2010 | Washing Machines
Oct 21, 2009 | Washing Machines
1,404 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!