Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
5 flashes indicates a faulty printhead or possibly a problem with the p/head contacts. Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
If that doesn't work it may be that the waste ink tank is full. Try this ...
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Posted on May 23, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2015 | Fujitsu FI-6800 Document Scanner,...
Dec 26, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 17, 2010 | Canon I960 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 27, 2010 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jan 02, 2010 | Canon i9950 InkJet Printer
Mar 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 04, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Apr 10, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
2,878 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!