Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Printer always say's " ink system failure " all ink is good
I presume your printer is one of the all-in-one models. probably the type with scanner,fax and copier combined. Have a look at the hp site : http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/default.aspx?mscssid=88A8AA91661645B6A6374781BDC44D8D
See if you can find any parts available. I doubt you will as HP hardly supply any parts for inkjet machines. i would bin the machine. You would probably need a carriage assy. They are very very difficult machines to repair and many dealers/repairers would not be interested in the headache.
srri to be the bearer of bad news.
Posted on May 23, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
on Jul 15, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
on Feb 04, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 21, 2011 | Dell 968 All-In-One Printer
Aug 28, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
1. Get the unit into the "Support Menu" by following the steps below according with the product,
A. - Press and hold the "left arrow" key. B. - Press the "Setup" key and release both keys. Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo" C. - Press and release the "OK" button
A. - Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
B. - Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
C. - Press and release the "OK" button
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu". (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the "OK" button.
4. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
5. Press and release the "OK" button.
6. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
7. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
8. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Aug 12, 2011 | HP PhotoSmart C5150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 05, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
May 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart Premium C309g multifunction...
Jun 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!