An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: 5 qt Slow Cooker Lid
That's a Durabrand crockpot, made for Wal-Mart if I remember correctly. I know that many of Durabrand's electronic products are made by a company called Funai, but I don't know who makes the cookware. I came up empty trying to find a manufacturer or parts source on the Internet.
1. Try Wal-Mart and see if they can tell you what they do with defective returns. Maybe they can give you a name to try, or maybe they'll have a dud unit they can give you the lid from.
2. Measure the lid and see if there's a close match to a lid from a name-brand cooker. You might find one that fits well enough.
3. Check your local Craig's List postings or your local sales flyer (Green Sheet, Pennysaver, whatever it's called in your area). You may find someone selling one for a few bucks, or you can ask if anyone has a lid.
Sorry I can't be more helpful, but maybe one of these will get you in the right direction. Thanks for asking here!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same problem and tracked down a phone number to Select Brands. They carry replacement lids for 2 models - one of which is the 6 qt programmable SC-6. It is $10 plus $9 for shipping. phone # is 1-866-663-4500.
"The recalled slow cookers include the 4.5-Quart Oval and 6-Quart Double Dish models sold under the General Electric (GE) brand name. The model name is printed on the front of the units. The 4.5-quart unit has model number 106661 and the 6-quart unit has model number 106851. Both models have series codes A through D, which are printed on the bottom along with the model number. The base of the slow cookers is white with an olive or honeysuckle graphic."
I too, have the 169143 model. In fact, I just received it for Christmas. I loaned it out and the glass lid broke. I just got off the phone with the division of GE that handles the Walmart products (these slow cookers were made specifically for Walmart), and unfortunately, we are out of luck. You cannot get replacement parts (including lids) for the slow cookers made exclusively for Walmart. The only option is to buy a whole new slow cooker. Grrrr! So much for a 3-month old slow cooker that is now useless. If it was any other shape than rectangle I would just retrofit with a different brand lid, but those rectangular ones are near impossible to find.