Question about Televison & Video
I'm assuming that the disk was properly recorded, otherwise there is nothing you can do, that disk is a coaster and all in it that hasn't been kept on the HDD is lost. To confirm that try to burn another disk and see if it delivers the same result. If you haven't kept a backup you could try top recover them by using ISOBuster or
The error is caused by the firmware, it no longer recognizes the disk - hardware failure, either in the processor or the EPROM (the chip that stores it). The unit is dying and it will be cheaper just to replace it than to try to repair it.
But recovering all the data/movies will be easy - even if the unit dies completely the HDD still has all the recorded programs in it and to access them all you have to do is to take it out , put in in an external HDD case, then connect and access it with whatever pc you have.
Posted on May 23, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2014 | Sylvania ZC320SL8
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Jan 22, 2011 | Philips DVDR77 DVD Recorder
Jul 09, 2010 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Apr 23, 2010 | Panasonic SDR-H40 HDD Camcorder
Oct 09, 2009 | Accurian Televison & Video
May 08, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 30, 2007 | Radio Shack Accurian ADR-0106
Sep 17, 2007 | Samsung DVD-R155
Dec 18, 2017 | Televison & Video
Dec 18, 2017 | Tivo Televison & Video
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!