Question about Computers & Internet
Regarding your program and how it works, I need more details about the program you are going to download, otherwise it's not possible to tell you how it works. Would you be able to let me know the name or is it something confidential?
To transfer your program to your usb stick, follow the below steps:
1. Connect the usb stick to your computer's usb port.
2. An autoplay window should pop up on your desktop, if not, open "My Computer" and, locate "Removable Disk" or the name of the usb stick (this is different for different brands/models). Or in other words, you'll see a new Removable Disk icon (more or less similar to a hard disk partition icon, eg, C: icon).
3. Now, double click the icon to open it and see if it has something inside or not. Most usb stick nowadays have pre-installed application come with them, you don't need to delete them or there's neither problem deleting them. It's the software installed by the usb stick company.
4. Once it's confirmed that you can open it, go to the folder where you've saved your software (the software you like to transfer), right-click the software icon (or it could be a folder, depending on the software type), and then "copy".
5. Again go to the Usb stick folder, right-click anywhere in the folder (empty area) and select "paste" to paste the software in there. You may need to wait for few seconds or minutes depending on the size of the software/file.
6. Once it's done, close the usb stick folder.
7. Look at the taskbar notification area (the area on your desktop where the clock or other icons are shown), click the usb notification icon (it should be a dark-green icon, but I can't assure since I don't know your operating system) and select "Safely Remove Hardware" or "Eject" or "Remove the Hardware Safely" to safely remove it. While doing this, make sure no contents or programs saved on the usb stick is running or opened, otherwise, you'll be having problem removing it from your computer.
That's all, your software/file is saved on your usb stick..
For your reference, I have attached a link for you if in case you need more explanation. Click HERE to read more about transferring files from computer to usb stick/flash drive.
Let me know with more details if you need further help, so that I may help you better without assuming myself.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on May 23, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2016 | IBM Computers & Internet
on Mar 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 07, 2014 | HP Compaq DVD Drive
Jul 19, 2011 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
Mar 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 06, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Jan 21, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Dec 28, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Oct 19, 2009 | SanDisk 1GB Cruzer Titanium USB Flash...
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!