Question about Dell Computers & Internet
Good day. Regarding your issue, computer hardware wears out over time, it's a fact. Your hard drive works constantly reading and writing data, and this (among other factors) may cause errors on certain parts of your system. If you receive the "unmountable boot volume" error and have an installation disk, you still have a chance to save your system.
1. Insert your XP installation disk into an optical drive and boot up your computer.
2. When you see a welcome screen, hit the R key on your keyboard. This will enter you into recovery mode with a DOS prompt.
3. Now type chkdsk /f or /p and hit Enter. This will launch a utility which will check for errors on your hard drive.
4. After the process is done, type fixboot and hit Enter to repair any damaged boot files which may have become corrupted. When asked to say yes or no, type the Y key on your keyboard.
5. Type exit and press the Enter key to reboot your computer.
Note: other windows version like Vista or Windows 7 have a Repair option once you use the installation disc to fix this problem.
Hope this information help in resolving your issue. Have a great day.
Posted on May 23, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: this what my laptop says,
To repair follow these steps:
Note If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
Posted on Jan 20, 2011
Testimonial: "thank you "
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2013 | Dell LATITUDE Computers & Internet
Nov 13, 2012 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Jan 06, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Mar 05, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite 1805-S274 Notebook
Feb 10, 2010 | Dell Latitude C610 Notebook
Nov 19, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Aug 26, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite L35-S2366 Notebook
492 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!